- Process Workday country payrolls in coordination with third party payroll vendors
- Responsible for year-end tax preparation for the US and Canada in coordination with third party payroll provider.
- Respond to and resolve employee inquiries in coordination with the Elanco OSV Help Desk with high quality customer service and in a timely manner.
- In coordination with the HR strategic team, provide guidance for new and existing HR business process configurations into Workday while maintaining a focus on supervisor and employee self-service, along with, process efficiency.
- Participate in testing efforts for system updates and make recommendations to improve system and process efficiency.
- Maintain adequate documentation for payroll processing and system changes.
- Support other corporate functions such as IT, accounting and legal to ensure GAAP and SOX compliance.
- Support other corporate functions such as accounting & finance and benefits in reconciling payroll data to outgoing disbursements.
- Work with internal IT partners and external integration partners and vendors to resolve system related issues.
- Resolve escalated system issues with high quality customer service.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing payroll systems and procedures
- Minimum 5 years’ experience processing multi-state payrolls.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience processing international payrolls
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Working knowledge of cloud computing systems and payroll principles
- Heavy experience with payroll accounting
- Advanced knowledge of financial concepts; propensity and comfort working with large data sets typically within Microsoft Excel
- Experience in HR process design and execution
- Strong expertise in reporting and analytics, including advance proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Verbal, written and interpersonal skills required to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated business/process ownership
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Recognized ability to work with confidential / sensitive information
This job description outlines the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties or skill associated with this position
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status