Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience creates the world’s most recognized and premium agricultural solutions to address the greatest challenges in agriculture. With a focus on technology, Corteva Agriscience creates seed and crop protection products that increase productivity and profit for farmers while reducing risks to their business. Every day our digital tools deliver insights our global partners need to thrive now and into the future.
As the world’s first dedicated agriculture start-up, we’re building a culture that stays curious, thinks differently, acts boldly and takes a stand on what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. We know we’ve got big challenges to solve – we hope you’ll be part of the solution. Whether you are in the lab or on the farm, teaching classes or crafting code – we need bold thinkers and fearless doers to bring their best to the job at hand. Every role at Corteva Agriscience includes an opportunity to grow what matters.
Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a qualified paralegal to fill an open Paralegal position who will assist the commercial attorneys in providing timely, cost effective legal services to the business partners as well as providing assistance in all general legal-related matters. The full-time position is located in Johnston, Iowa at Corteva’s global business center. While the position is for general commercial paralegal work, experience in independent contractor/sales representative/retail agreements, procurement agreements, advertising and marketing review, collections, UCC and real estate is a plus.
Responsibilities – How will you help us grow?
General commercial and investigative support to in-house attorneys and business contacts, as well as coordination with outside counsel if necessary, on a variety of issues. With guidance from commercial attorneys, contract work duties would include, but not limited to:
- The review, amendment, and drafting of commercial contracts, leases, correspondence, and other documents for business clients.
- Identifying legal and business issues in contracts relating to independent sales representatives, distributors, and other sales-related contracts; liaise with commercial attorneys and business clients as needed.
- Developing or updating contract and communication templates as needed.
- Ensuring that business clients are adhering to standard templates, corporate policies, and processes.
- Providing contract administration and management activities, including maintenance of contract database(s) and involvement with corporate record retention and corporate compliance programs.
- Organizing and managing documents, including the creation of spreadsheets and retrieval systems.
- Reviewing advertisement, marketing, product literature, and promotional materials.
- Performing claims handling, credit, collections, and bankruptcy functions.
- Performing general legal and factual research, including records research.
- Performing investigation and due diligence associated with contracts, and/or acquisition and divestiture work of various businesses.
- Identifying and reviewing for product stewardship requirements.
- Understanding the Corteva corporate organizational hierarchy and how the various affiliates and subsidiaries are related and reviewing for related issues.
- Summarizing issues and preparing reports for the commercial attorneys.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities – How will you help us grow?
- Minimum of a Two-year degree in Paralegal studies is required. Four-year Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Juris Doctor or Paralegal Certificate from an ABA accredited or approved program, is strongly preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of paralegal experience or specialized training specific to the job requirements.
- Familiarity with legal research tools and the use of relevant databases.
- Demonstrates strong organization and investigative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work and think independently, a self-starter.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in both a written and oral manner.
- Superb attention to detail.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at just a few of the advantages to working at Corteva and how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more.
Take the next step to #GrowWhatMatters in your career with Corteva and apply today. We look forward to seeing your application.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated.