Driven by the quickening pace of innovation, Elanco IT must continue to evolve, proactively partnering to create new value through innovative digital products, services, and insights, that unlock new digital business models and power new types of customer engagement.
Equally important, Elanco IT must enable a secure, reliable, and efficient IT ecosystem, supporting all business functions, including Operational Technology (OT).
Manufacturing and Quality (M&Q), in coordination with external manufacturers, produce the high-quality, trusted, animal health products for a global customer-base. Manufacturing consists of eighteen sites globally producing active pharmaceutical ingredient (API), finished products, and facilitating distribution.
This OT Information Security Architect role, partnering with Manufacturing and Quality (M&Q), is responsible for the governance, architecture direction, and solutions that strength our security posture across manufacturing and quality.
The role sites at the intersection of business and technology, requiring a robust understanding of manufacturing and quality, GxP regulations/guidelines, and technical controls, as well as a proven record of enterprise delivery.
OT Information Security Leadership
- Establish and maintain the partnership between IT and Manufacturing & Quality (M&Q), with a focus on Operational Technology (OT) and QC Labs.
- Co-manage the Manufacturing & Quality (M&Q) cybersecurity improvement program.
- Understand industry best practices and frameworks that apply to Elanco, with a focus on Manufacturing & Quality (M&Q).
- Analyze and evaluate business and IT capabilities, identifying opportunities to optimize performance and continuously evolve the company towards the desired future state.
- Partner with Manufacturing & Quality (M&Q) and the Elanco Architecture Community, engaging Business Process, Solution, Data, Domain, and Information Security architects where required.
- Responsible for the creation of Elanco OT Information Security architecture materials, such as reference architecture, processes, principles, standards, policies, controls, etc.
- Responsible for Elanco OT Information Security architecture roadmaps, including prioritization, three-year outlook, and investments.
- Serve on various forums (e.g., Information Security / OT Lead Teams) to analyze projects, programs, and products to ensure they are technological sound, will do no harm, and will deliver the expected outcomes.
- Recognize the value of emerging technologies and practices with the potential to leap forward in cybersecurity capabilities for manufacturing and lab environments.
- Partner with the Director of Global Process Automation to lead steering committee meetings, executive manufacturing meetings, and provide input when necessary to the CISO for Board of Director materials.
- Ensure agreed best practices are implemented by reviewing and approving changes to Policies, Standards, and Changes impacting the Manufacturing & Quality (M&Q) environment.
- Define and monitor metrics to assess the overall value/maturity of cybersecurity investments.
- Serve as a key thought leader across Elanco, helping to maximize the value of Information Security and IT.
- Where required, deep dive key initiatives to help overcome major incidents, complex problems and/or realise opportunities.
- Bring an external and innovation focus to Elanco IT, specifically Manufacturing & Quality (M&Q).
- Leverage external relationships, standards, and consortia to shape industry and Elanco-specific approaches to OT Information Security architecture.
- Establish strong relationships with current and future strategic vendors, specifically OT vendors.
- Represent the work of IT externally, positioning Elanco as an industry thought leader.
- Actively build and stay abreast of emerging technology directions, threat, and countermeasures, guide the organization on how to interpret and best leverage emerging technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cybersecurity and/or Information Technology.
- 5+ years of experience working with Operational Technology, helping to “bridge the gap” between IT and OT.
- 3+ years of experience working with Industrial control system cybersecurity frameworks, such as IEC62443 and NIST Cyber Security Framework.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- 5+ years of experience in technology leadership, managing and advancing complex, global environments.
- 5+ years of experience across application, data, containerization, virtualization, operating systems, networks, storage, disaster recovery, business continuity planning, and client computing.
- 5+ years of experience designing and delivering technology solutions in highly regulatory environments.
- Experience defining and executing large-scale strategic plans.
- Demonstrated influence and communication skills across all levels of OT, IT and third parties.
- Expertise working in complex, diverse landscapes (business, technology, regulatory, partners, providers, geographies).
- Experience working with and influencing industry interests.
- Demonstrated strength in facilitation skills.
- Strong organizational and communications skills with multiple examples of being able to convey complex ideas in a manner that resulted in a definitive direction and result.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative and self-manage.
Occasional travel may be required.