Reporting directly to the Sr. Manager of Operations Engagement, Learning & Development, the Operations Training Manager develops and maintains technical training programs and classes within the production environment. This position also supervises the technical training team and is responsible for the team’s overall productivity.
- Work with the team to develop and grow Technical Training programs, classes, and webinars to provide a low cost per participant while addressing training needs for all production-related software products and increasing effective use by participants.
- Responsible for the overall productivity of the company’s production software technical training team, including meeting or exceeding benchmarks/service standards as defined in the Customer Support Policy and the Internal SLA Requirements, as well as Training KPIs and goals.
- When applicable, provide direct supervision to the technical training staff.
- Creates a culture in the software technical training group that yields high staff satisfaction rates and low staff turnover rates. Proactively take corrective actions to define, monitor, and analyze organization and training area KPIs, metrics, dashboards, and reports.
- Participation in regular online individual and team staff meetings, providing leadership and direction in all staff meetings. Ensures training activities are conducted according to established service & productivity levels. Performs random call/meeting monitoring, conducts customer satisfaction surveys and monitors tickets/incidents to ensure overall service level compliance & customer satisfaction.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with engagement, training, design, and development teams. Oversees company’s production software technical services projects, focusing on broad perspective specialized training and assisting clients in utilizing software successfully within their organization.
- Provides daily, weekly, monthly, and as-needed reports to management on Training Team’s activities.
- Analyzes reports, identify trends or issues, and creates/executes action plans as needed.
- Participates in determining and implementing – software and organization strategies – and growth opportunities.
- Provides backup support for all staff in their roles and duties as needed.
- Provides backup coverage for the Software Technical Support Manager’s duties as needed.
- Provides Technical Support to customers during Emergency Support Hours on a rotating basis. Ensures that all customer interactions are appropriately documented in the current Customer Support tracking system and that all bugs & features are correctly submitted/updated in the current Development ticketing system.
- Active participation in increasing understanding and discovery of contemporary trends in animal welfare, software, and training industries.
- Planning and organizing work – deep experience in project management and developing and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Project management skills – tracking work plans, milestones, deliverables, etc. Ability to take direction from their manager and work independently to achieve desired results. Identify contingency plans when issues arise. Provide frequent status reports (both written & oral) to key stakeholders. Ensure objectives are met on time and within budget.
- Communication- adjusts to an audience, ensures understanding, and presentation skills required. Proficiency in the knowledge of verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Collaboration/Partnering- establishing and maintaining collaborative partnerships across departments and facilities.
- Customer Focused- ensure that customer needs are built into the solutions and processes.
- Continuous Learning– Stays current and maintains a general understanding of learning resources and trends. Team Building– develops clear direction, involves others, and facilitates goal accomplishment; effectively partners with stakeholders.
- Flexibility – Able to adjust to changing priorities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or education/knowledge equivalent to a 4-year degree. Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a manufacturing/distribution environment, with at least two (2) years of training experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills on a technical level.
- Mastered understanding of training and adult learning and technical training methods.
- Excellent customer service skills in a demanding, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong organizational skills with high diligence
- Strong analytical and problem-resolution abilities with the ability to think clearly under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex challenges and opportunities concurrently.
- Passion for teaching and helping others to learn.
- Possess a high-energy level and continuous commitment to excellence in providing learning opportunities to our employees.
- Professional work ethic: enthusiastically persist until any problems are resolved. Resourceful and innovative in tackling complex issues.
- Accountability: Purposeful collaborator who leads by example, holds themselves accountable for performance and takes ownership of issues, and champions all aspects of training