Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
Has overall accountability for and provides oversight of operations at Elanco Kansas City Site.
The incumbent of this position has technical and business knowledge of operations (manufacturing, formulation, packaging and supported areas) in order to successfully ensure that Operations carries out its mission as part of Elanco manufacturing operations worldwide.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
- Provide to the site a clear operations strategy with strong alignment with Small Molecule Network and quality strategy.
- Overall accountability for and provides oversight of operations at Elanco Kansas City site to ensure continual supply of high quality products meeting customer needs while keeping a safety focus.
- Ensure that operations delivery meets or exceeds financial commitments. Provide oversight of site operations expenses and keep COPS according to year plan or lower. Keep the HC commitments in operations and support functions.
- Leveraging capability to influence operations team, process team, and peers to deliver planned production.
- Supports implementation of quality, safety, environmental, and business plans. Insurance of resource allocation, capacity and prioritization.
- Insurance of qualified resources with appropriate education, experience and training to execute the roles and responsibilities of site operations.
- Lead process teams and daily operations to deliver monthly production plans while meeting safety and quality KPI’s
- Facilitate cross-functional Production planning and coordination with Supply Chain, procurement, and operations.
- Participate and support Engineering and TS/MS during transfers and new technology implementation in assuring the manufacturing processes are robust.
- Provide oversite and support for project activities. Serve as the liaison on project development activities to influence for operability.
- Lead multiple facilities, across several product lines.
- Lead initial troubleshooting and provide oversite for technical issues on the floor. Project management events and remediation activities.
- Maintain area KPI’s and presence on the shop floor for all product lines and areas to drive safety, quality, and continuous improvement mindset.
- Facilitate area morning meetings to prioritize daily reactive work.
- Prioritize Continuous Improvement for the process team to reduce reactive work.
- Maintain capacity models and work with site leadership to adjust strategy/implement due to changes in demand.
- Performance management team, develop top talent, and implement coaching plans for performance gaps. Effective succession planning processes for key operations positions.
- Notification and representation of business and compliance issues to senior management.
- Representation of Elanco in the community.
- Benchmarking and implementation of best practices
- Achievement of financial expense and production volume targets
- Supports site Business Planning, Long Range Planning, Business Continuity Plans, Business Development
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering
- Experience and understanding of production quality systems in a GMP environment 5+ years’ experience
- Must be able to wear required PPE and be able to comply and follow all gowning requirements (e.g. gloves, safety glasses, wear uniform, disposable gowning, dust mask and full loose fitting PAPR hoods; must obtain fit testing and medical clearance for mask and hood)
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Completion of Post Offer Exam, Completion of Work Simulation or Completion of Administrative Skills Testing if applicable.
- Demonstrated skills in creating alignment, fostering change and developing a strategic plan
- Demonstrated independent decision-making based on sound technical and financial data.
- Demonstrate Problem Solving experience identifying and understand issues, problems, and opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, including excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply Elanco business requirements to different situations by understanding customer needs and applying good problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Proven decision-making skills and ability to develop operational goals and objectives required to carry out mission of the organization.
- Position is located in Kansas City area, US
- 10 – 15% Travel
- Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status