TechPoint is on a mission to inclusively grow Indiana’s digital innovation economy so we can transform the economy of Indiana, creating a sustainable prosperity and quality of life for our citizens and future generations. We do this by expanding talent pipelines, enhancing connectivity, and elevating industry (Xtern, Venture Connect, and the Mira Awards are just a few examples of the work we do). TechPoint is an initiative of the Central Indiana Corporate Partnership (CICP), an organization committed to advancing our entire region.
The TechPoint team is a small, but mighty assembly of talented, hard-working individuals inspired to make an impact bigger than ourselves. Our cultural commitment to each other is to operate with excellence at the speed of business, own our role as leaders working to be a positive and inclusive change agent, enable shared success by collaborating with proactive communication, and stay at the forefront of the industry by innovating. We embrace a flexible work schedule, open office environment, and a hybrid work environment, allowing team members to work from home a couple days a week while also enjoying our beautiful new office space at 16 Tech.
The Operations Manager position is a critical role that creates the conditions for excellence across the TechPoint team. Working closely with the Senior Vice President, Engagement, this individual will be responsible for supporting internal processes, such as technology tools, budget operations, and people processes. Additionally this person will work very closely with our talent team, supporting the operations to enable key programs. We are looking for a special individual who will take ownership, pride, and initiative in supporting our team in this role. In particular, we want someone who is organized, efficient, execution-oriented, and self-directed, who also communicates well, exercises sound judgment and discretion, and exhibits professionalism.
This position will report to the SVP, Engagement, with regular engagement with the Director of Talent Program Operations, and is a full-time position with 40+ hours per week expected.
- Foster operational excellence across the team
- Own the evaluation and support of all cross-team systems and digital tools (i.e. Calendly, Asana, etc.).
- Serve as a key point of contact for daily operational support with staff to troubleshoot issues.
- Maintain our office environment, ensuring it is a tidy, inviting and inspiring space for our team to come.
- Represent TechPoint with our shared services colleagues
- Manage the day-to-day relationships with our shared services staff, including office administration, IT, finance and human resources.
- Provide budget and contract leadership
- Manage the credit card, invoice and expense processes.
- Champion the collection process for all outstanding payments.
- Come alongside all members of the team needing contracts and support their creation, execution and tracking.
- Drive key people processes
- Work with the SVP, Engagement to manage hiring processes.
- Implement the onboarding and offboarding strategies.
- Support organizational culture opportunities (such as work anniversaries and special occasions).
- Support talent program operations
- Support TechPoint’s talent programs by managing contract and financial processes.
- Manage program survey processes.
- Support data entry and tracking processes, mostly in Salesforce.
- Coordinate specific programming logistics and serve as part of the program planning team creating fantastic experiences for participants.
- Be part of the recruitment team for programs.
- Support TechPoint Initiatives and Other Duties as They Arise
- Prior experience and proven track record in operations work.
- Preference given to candidates with a background in the tech industry, HR/recruiting activities, program operations/event planning, and/or fundraising/sales.
- Relationship Building – Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with internal and external partners. Truly enjoy people, find value investing in other’s growth, and are able to connect with people from varying backgrounds and experiences.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to new, different, or changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Communication – Possess excellent written and verbal skills; able to get your point across, listen to others, and keep others up to date with changing information.
- Program Planning – Creatively able to create a schedule of events for our programs and execute.
- Organization – Able to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks, set goals, and develop systems for achieving those goals.
- Detail Oriented – Insistent on high-quality, attention to detail, and on-time execution.
- Collaboration – Ability to effectively work with others to achieve a common goal, willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done and subscribe to the belief that there is no task too big or too small for you to tackle.
- Discretion – Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Initiative – Be a self-starter who can be given a need or objective, break it down into executable pieces, identify questions that need to be asked, gather priorities and requirements, set and manage to milestones and then execute very effectively.
- 100% of your healthcare and dental premiums are paid for individual and family.
- Pre-tax & Roth 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous match – 5% contributed by the employer regardless of employee contribution and up to an additional 5% employee voluntary contribution eligible to be matched by the employer.
- Company paid group life benefits as well as company paid short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- New office location and facilities at 16 Tech Innovation District with hybrid remote flexibility.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) including 17 holidays!