BUSINESS: Purdue Research Foundation
POSITION TYPE: Full-time
START DATE: Immediate Availability
- Provide high-level administrative support to Directors of the Startup Foundry, Purdue Ventures, and Operations (“Directors”).
- Manage all daily operational needs of the Startup Foundry and Purdue Ventures, including financial reporting, logistics, and event support.
- Work directly with Directors for all budgeting and expense reporting functions and provide a monthly report.
- Arrange and schedule meetings and appointments as necessary.
- Organize and manage travel for Directors, including processing expense reports and other travel-related reports.
- Review and recommend for approval business expenses and travel expenses for the Startup Foundry and Ventures staff.
- Receive and process monthly invoices and activity statements for contractors.
- Participate as team member in building relationships with key stakeholders, including investors, mentors, alumni, faculty and students.
- Receive and screen phone calls and communicate with a variety of University personnel, government officials, CEO/presidents of business, and attorneys.
- Greet and assist visitors to the Startup Foundry and Ventures.
- Manage service provider office hours.
- Provide monthly report on assigned metrics.
- Ensure success of all events associated with Startup Foundry and Ventures.
- Produce and manage, with assistance from the Directors, the coordination and management of stakeholder visits and special events including, but not limited to, pitch events, stakeholder dinners, client showcase events, external community events and other Startup Foundry and Ventures events.
- Reserve meeting rooms and coordinate events as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of PowerPoint materials for meetings.
Investment Reporting and File Management:
- Maintain and produce reports from Startup Foundry and Ventures databases including, but not limited to, Salesforce, talent/mentor, investors, and client pipeline.
- Generate, maintain, and update the Startup Foundry’s & Venture’s biannual compilation of Executive Summaries.
- Perform all necessary recording functions for the Purdue Ventures portfolio’s board and investment committees; maintain files for same.
- Participate in outside activities that contribute to the growth and sustainability of the Startup Foundry and Ventures.
- Identify and engage new resources and support for Startup Foundry and Ventures clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, written, and proofreading skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision, prioritize assignments to meet deadlines, and produce high-quality work with attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems while being flexible.
- Ability to influence and build working relationships among a diverse workforce at all levels.
- Demonstrated good judgment, diplomacy, persuasive ability, and the ability to inspire confidence and cooperation to drive positive results within and across the organization’s boundaries.
- General understanding of intellectual property and/or willingness to learn.
- Personal computer and related basic Microsoft Office skills.
- Familiarity with CRM tools like Salesforce or database management systems such as Sophia.
- Regular and reliable communication and remote/hybrid attendance as requested are requirements of this position.
- Associate’s degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience required.