BUSINESS: Purdue Research Foundation
POSITION TYPE: Full-time
START DATE: Immediate Availability
- Assist the Office of Technology Commercialization and the Incubator with administrative and coordination activities related to licensing Purdue intellectual property and de-risking early-stage Purdue-affiliated (defined as those created around Purdue IP and/or by Purdue faculty, staff, students or alums) technologies and startups.
- Provide high-level administrative support to the Director of the Incubator and the Director of Business Development and Licensing, Office of Technology Commercialization (OTC).
- Track and send initial response to technology licensing queries, forward to the appropriate licensing manager, and track future correspondence.
- Work cooperatively with OTC business development and licensing managers to develop marketing strategies for Purdue technologies and put together marketing packets for distribution to potential licensees.
- Conduct routine audits of OTC’s internal database to check for changes in licensing status of Purdue IP.
- Assist the OTC Business Development team in the preparation of reports for college/departments.
- Docket marketing interactions and Incubator activity of a Purdue technology in the internal database.
- Reserve meeting rooms and coordinate events as needed.
- Arrange and schedule meetings and appointments as necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of PowerPoint and memo materials for meetings.
- Assist in coordination of demo days for gap funding.
- Work closely with Incubator Managers on setup of programming, vendor communications, and other opportunities to advance technologies and/or startups.
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, written, and proofreading skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision, prioritize assignments to meet deadlines, and produce high-quality work with attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems while being flexible.
- Ability to influence and build working relationships among a diverse workforce at all levels.
- Demonstrated good judgment, diplomacy, persuasive ability, and the ability to inspire confidence and cooperation to drive positive results within and across the organization’s boundaries.
- General understanding of intellectual property and/or willingness to learn.
- Personal computer and related basic Microsoft Office skills.
- Familiarity with CRM tools like Salesforce or database management systems such as Sophia.
- Regular and reliable communication and remote/hybrid attendance as requested are requirements of this position.
- In person attendance for events is required.
- Associate’s degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience required.