Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for North America Logistics Procurement Specialist – Distribution and Transportation to join our team in Indianapolis, IN.
This position is responsible for supporting Corteva operations in North America with sourcing, contract management and supplier management activities related to distribution and transportation, including any logistics leasing/maintenance services. Works with regional commercial operations, global strategic sourcing and regional supply chain organizations to orchestrate sourcing events and to collaboratively select qualified suppliers. Leverages sourcing and procurement systems and tools to efficiently and effectively conduct sourcing activities.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Understand business objectives and strategies, and aligns sourcing projects accordingly.
• Utilize the Strategic Sourcing Process and associated governance protocol for sourcing projects.
• Negotiate pricing, payment and delivery terms and execute contract agreements as appropriate.
• Know the rail transportation market drivers for the portfolio and manage accordingly.
• Appropriately use the company tools to efficiently run Sourcing projects.
• Work with functional and business partners to understand business requirements and align the sourcing strategy and implementation plans to implement Sourcing projects in the United States and Canada.
• Monitor supplier performance against key performance indicators.
• Manage Supplier Relationships including the commercial relationship; resolution of escalated issues.
• Understand and practice appropriate work process governance and compliance.
• Looks for opportunities to support functional initiatives and improve productivity.
• Troubleshoot and problem solve issues including vendor payments or system fixes (OTM, Ariba, Trax).
Critical Success Factors:
• Focus on innovation, value delivery and sustainable competitive advantage for the Business Partner.
• Ability to persuade others through effective communication skills.
• Openness to change in order to reduce inefficiencies, process deviations, and strategy deviations.
• Utilization of data analysis skills to effectively identify value opportunities.
• Strong knowledge/capability in logistics and supply chain (domestic & international).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
• Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum five years within a commercial, shared services, industrial/manufacturing, or engineering related job role.
• Experience in logistics or purchasing roles.
• Proficiency with SAP S/4HANA, SAP Ariba, Freight Bill Pay & Audit systems, Transportation Management Systems.
• Work experience should include membership in dynamic, results oriented teams; work with multiple functions or businesses.
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
• Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
• Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
• Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
• And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!