Purdue’s Department of Agricultural Communications is looking for a graphic designer who has a distinctive creative aesthetic with strong complementary technical skills to join our team. Experience in developing materials from concept to completion and working with a collaborative creative team and clients is critical. This position offers tremendous opportunities to grow and innovate working on projects ranging from event identities and promotions to motion graphics to printed and online magazines to social media campaigns. If you have interest in video production or photography, there are additional opportunities for you to develop these skills through professional development and integrate them with your design projects. Show us who you are creatively and what you can do by sharing a web portfolio that conveys your vision.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field
- 2 years of proven experience that can include significant internship experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects, Animate, and Acrobat
- Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint and Excel; layout, design and typography skills; graphic illustration and animation skills; project management skills; commercial printing experience; and experience creating social media graphics
- 3-5 years of experience
- Previous collaboration with creative teams; web UI/UX; photographic/video experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hybrid remote/on site working schedules will be considered
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.