Unlocking the Power of Nature, to Enrich the Quality of Life.
ADM is a premier global human and animal nutrition company, delivering solutions today with an eye to the future. We are blazing new trails in health and well-being as our scientists develop groundbreaking products to support healthier living. We are a cutting-edge innovator leading the way to a new future of plant-based consumer and industrial solutions to replace petroleum-based products. We are an unmatched agricultural supply chain manager and processor, providing food security by connecting local needs with global capabilities. And we are a leader in sustainability, scaling across entire value chains to help decarbonize our industry and safeguard our planet. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional and sustainability challenges of today and tomorrow. Learn more at www.adm.com.
- Ranked 35 on Fortune 100 List
- Named one of The World’s Most Admired Companies 2023 by Fortune
- 2023 Campus Forward Award Winner
- Over 40,000 colleagues across over 200 countries
Real Work. Real Experience. Real Fun.
Our Milling Engineer Interns will acquire a robust experience in applying classroom knowledge and theory to practical field applications. Internships are 12 weeks in duration during the summer. Our paid positions include fully-furnished, company-paid housing. Standard costs are reimbursed for relocating to and from the assigned location. Interns will be in either Enid, Oklahoma or Mendota, Illinois.
You will gain firsthand exposure to leadership, equipment troubleshooting and dealing with the myriad of challenges in a facility that operates around the clock, 365 days per year. This experience offers hands-on knowledge of the plant processes, products, and employees in the real word of manufacturing at ADM. Our program promotes the development of students while providing a training ground for potential future employees.
- Active engagement in Safety and Quality Food Safety
- Focused project in milling yield and capacity improvements
- Active engagement in department Review and Response meetings
- Learn and utilize A2E principles in daily work
- Utilize data analytic tools
- Participate in weekly project update and personal development touch bases with Manager
- Organize at least one activity within work team to promote diversity and inclusion
- Creatively celebrate at least one win for your work team
- At the completion of the program, deliver a project overview to a cross-functional location team
- Will network and tour close by ADM mills
- Technical and technology
- Strong cross-functional collaborator
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in English required
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in milling engineering, biological engineering or a related engineering field
- GPA of 2.8 or greater is required
- Completion of Sophomore (intern) or Junior (intern or co-op) year
- This position relates to those that desire “hands-on” experience in a production setting
- Please note some tasks may require the ability to climb ladders and work in confined spaces
PERKS & BENEFITS
- All Inclusive National Intern Orientation Week
- Relocation & housing provided and/or assistance
- Competitively paid internship
- Company-sponsored training and development resources, such as Lunch with Leadership, LinkedIn Learning, language training, and mentoring programs
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) such as the Young Professionals ERG, Women’s ERG, Black Colleague Alliance ERG, Adelante Hispanic ERG, and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to all interns
- Interns who demonstrate high potential and engagement may be offered another internship if still pursuing a degree, or a full-time position after graduation
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, & BELONGING
Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are cornerstones of ADM’s efforts to continue innovating, driving growth, and delivering outstanding performance. We are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce and create welcoming, truly inclusive work environments — environments that enable every ADM colleague to feel comfortable on the job, make meaningful contributions to our success, and grow their career. We respect and value the unique backgrounds and experiences that each person can bring to ADM because we know that diversity of perspectives makes us better, together.
We are committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in our industry, as we strive to ensure our workforce represents the world that we help to feed: people of color, women, gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities. For more information regarding our efforts to advance Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging, please visit our website here: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion | ADM.
ADM unlocks the power of nature to enrich the quality of life. We’re a premier global human and animal nutrition company, delivering solutions today with an eye to the future. We’re blazing new trails in health and well-being as our scientists develop groundbreaking products to support healthier living. We’re a cutting-edge innovator leading the way to a new future of plant-based consumer and industrial solutions to replace petroleum-based products. We’re an unmatched agricultural supply chain manager and processor, providing food security by connecting local needs with global capabilities. And we’re a leader in sustainability, scaling across entire value chains to help decarbonize our industry and safeguard our planet. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional and sustainability challenges of today and tomorrow. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.