Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Investigator, Microbiologist, in the Research Culture Collection (RCC) group in Crop Protection Discovery and Development located in Indianapolis, IN. We are looking for a scientist to enable the curation and screening of new and existing Natural Products with agricultural applications.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Independently perform laboratory tasks using aseptic techniques. Tasks include culture inoculation and incubation, reaction sampling and extractions.
- Perform optimization experiments with media, seed train protocols, and fermentation conditions in microtiter plates and/or shake flasks
- Recognize when results deviate from expectations and identify opportunities to improve standard operating procedures through experimental design.
- Participate in select cross-functional efforts with scientists from fermentation research, natural product research, systems biology, and metabolic engineering.
- Collaborate with other Corteva scientists and laboratory technicians on the safe and correct use of equipment and support systems.
- Document work consistently using appropriate data collection tools. Demonstrate proficiency in standard software platforms such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- B.S. in Microbiology, Biology, Biotechnology, or related field with post-bachelor’s degree academic or industrial experience working with microorganisms.
- Proven experience with aseptic technique.
- A track record of highly effective communication, interpersonal skills, and teamwork is essential.
- Preferred candidates have relevant work experience in an academic, industrial microbiology, or small-scale fermentation lab.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
• Strike a better worklife balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
• Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
• Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
• And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!