At Corteva Agriscience, we grow progress by putting farmers and consumers at the heart of agriculture, to help reshape the industry for the 21st century. We believe that the future of farming depends on aligning the food chain from end to end, so that we can work together to build agriculture into an industry that is more financially secure, sustainable, innovative and responsive. We are helping to shape an industry better able to understand and react to global market demands, that can effectively harness science, technology and innovation to optimize productivity, and which has the know-how and resources to help chart its own long-term success in the face of challenge and change.
Regulatory Sciences R&D is seeking to hire a Specialist for the Metabolism team. The selected candidate aids in the development of new agricultural products and new uses for existing products. The candidate will develop and execute methodology for the generation of field, greenhouse and laboratory data to support the registration and commercialization of new products, provide regulatory and technical support as a focal point for existing products, and provide clear customer focused communication to all relevant stakeholders. The candidate will be under the general direction of the Metabolism team leader.
How will you help us grow?
- Plans, develops protocols, conducts, and reports regulatory studies in the areas of Metabolism to support product registration to develop biologically active research chemicals. Generation of regulatory reports and the ability to lead studies to completion with a focus on both productivity and quality are critical.
- Directs laboratory technicians, contractors, and part-time students in study conduct and data collection associated with studies.
- Isolation of molecules from complex matrices (environmental, biological, or plant), via chromatographic and other sample preparation techniques.
- Investigates new techniques and technologies in the area of Environmental Fate and Metabolism chemistry that will enhance productivity and capabilities of the group and implements new approaches when appropriate. Engages in the scientific literature and community to promote the positive reputation of Corteva Agriscience.
- Acts as a mentor for new or inexperienced team members. Promotes sharing of information and a team-oriented environment of collaboration.
- Utilizes workgroup and functional knowledge to collaborate and drive regulatory/business success. Maintains a high level of communication and focus on meeting stakeholder expectations.
- Solve non-routine analytical challenges through the application of scientific expertise. Proactively engage colleagues in the Regulatory Sciences and other areas to aid in the design and execution of experiments aimed at known business needs.
- Complies with laboratory safety procedures, Environmental Protection Agency Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), Nuclear Regulatory Commission requirements for use and handling of radioactive materials, other study-specific regulatory requirements, and other pertinent regulatory agency requirements. Shares in responsibility for team and group compliance.
What expertise have you grown?
Incumbent must hold a BS degree or Masters with 5+ years of equivalent direct experience, in chemistry, analytical chemistry, or related field with special emphasis in the disciplines of analytical, environmental, bio-organic, or toxicological chemistry or have equivalent direct industry experience. The incumbent should possess a basic understanding of trace analytical procedures in environmental, biological, or plant matrices and separation science principles.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!