This position is responsible for conducting commercial and trading activities associated with soybean procurement and product sales.
- Verify overnight markets to protect bid, ensuring merchants are updated.
- Track logistics for rail hoppers inbound/outbound. Coordinate any issues or needed fleet changes. Assist in truck logistics as needed and issue meal load orders.
- Bill rail cars out as needed and check weekend schedule and service.
- Check local competition and elevators as to their bid structure ensuring Bunge is competitive.
- Service customers in areas of market information, e-business, bids, hours, grade reporting and accounting issues in a proactive manner that exceeds expectations and builds strong relationships.
- Seek out new meal customers and bean customers, visit accounts throughout the year.
- Facilitate communication with other Bunge plants who share customer base.
- Work with hedging, spreads, and crush projections making sure daily position is in line. Make sure hedges are done properly to maintain plant margins and minimize risks.
- Evaluate and report changing crops and market conditions to appropriate company personnel in a timely and accurate manner.
- Make sure contracts are signed, contracts are filled, and daily spot list is reconciled with bushels that are on hold.
- Be aware of accounts receivable issues and work with collecting money as needed.
- Update daily bid sheet each day and distribute internally and externally. Update website daily for correct data and comments.
- Work with Merchants on organizing farmer marketing meetings.
- Attend various grain/meal meetings, conventions throughout the year as directed by Commercial Manager.
- Be aware of any issues in plant effecting receiving or daily production to meet customers’ expectations.
- Contact top elevator and top farmers routinely throughout the year to maintain good relationships.
- Do daily wire, hull schedule, and recording as needed.
- Attend all Safety Meetings.
- Build good team effort in office with other merchants as to attain Bunge goals. Help and train new merchants as needed.
- Assist and backup weekly margin projections.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Agriculture Economics or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in commodity merchandising
- Strong interest in agribusiness, specifically soybean processing/refining operations
- Working knowledge of cash commodity trading and CBOT
- Sales knowledge and negotiations skills
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Timeliness and accuracy are critical
- Ability to learn, prioritize, and multitask in a fast-paced changing environment
- Proficient PC skills including Excel and Word
Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge’s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has 25,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 350 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.