Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
Position: SAP Regional Data Steward (North America)
Position Brand Description:
Over the past decade, Elanco Animal Health has pursued a strategy to utilize a single instance of our ERP system, SAP. One of the key aspects to effectively and efficiently use SAP (S4) is to have solid and sustainable master data maintenance practices in place. Master data is the fuel that allows SAP to run, and without relevant, accurate, and complete master data, our single instance of SAP cannot be leveraged.
A key role in the operational level of master data maintenance is the role of Regional Data Steward. The Regional Data Steward creates and maintains supply chain master data for the region, utilizing established processes and serves as a key technical resource at the operational level. The Regional Data Steward drives master data solutions for the local sites, affiliates and products within the region, and ensures master data maintenance processes lead to consistent and accurate master data across the supply chain.
Key Objectives / Deliverables
- Executing key data maintenance and data design for master data in SAP and associated systems
- Determining impact of local and /or global changes while ensuring global data consistency and conformance to Standard Operating Procedures. These changes could include:
SAP Master Data Maintenance Changes
Interfaced system changes
Process changes driven by Technical Services / Manufacturing Sciences or engineering
Regulatory changes requiring data updates
Supply changes driven by Production and / or Local Product Owners
- Identifying and participating in or leading process improvement initiatives which could include:
Developing and maintaining flows in our MDM system
Utilizing mass loading tools such as Winshuttle for improved maintenance efficiency
Leveraging appropriate tools and reports to track maintenance efforts and data accuracy and completeness
- Where applicable, participating in annual standard costing assessment in readiness for Business Planning and driving the annual reviews of planning parameter and other key fields.
- Troubleshooting SAP (or level 3 system) execution problems (which could include logging formal IT incidents), identifying root causes, and implementing solutions
- Investigating deviations and providing impact assessments for change management.
- Contributing to global initiatives for Master Data Management as required and attending select power user forums to share best practices with peers
- Supporting the implementation of a move to the legacy Elanco S4 system
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field (i.e., supply chain, computer systems, engineering, science preferred)
- Site / Manufacturing / or Sales affiliate knowledge or equivalent data management experience
- Knowledge in ERP software (preferably SAP)
- Evidence of attention to detail
Additional Skills / Preferences
Demonstrated ability to analyze, anticipate, and resolve complex issues (technical-, operational- or business-related) through sound problem-solving skills.
Motivation to educate self and others
Proven ability to build relationships internally and externally
3-5 years industry experience in supply chain or data management
Demonstrated ability to drive cross-functional interactions
SAP/master data experience in master data creation, change, and maintenance.
Depth and breadth of expertise within Supply Chain, SAP, and Data Management
- Work shift: Full time, normal work shift
- This is a fixed duration of up to four years
- Relocation assistance eligible
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status