WHO WE ARE:
AgReliant Genetics is a leader in seed research, production, and quality focused on providing trusted seed solutions that help farmers grow.
Created July 1, 2000 as a joint venture between two of the world’s largest independent seed companies, KWS and Limagrain, AgReliant Genetics is now one of the fastest growing independent seed companies in the industry, ranked as the third largest corn seed company in the U.S., and operates one of the largest research programs in North America.
At AgReliant Genetics we have a unique multi-brand strategy that gives farmers across the U.S. and in Canada access to our products, regardless of geographical location or operation size. Through our seed brands – AgriGold®, LG Seeds® and PRIDE Seeds® – and our digital ag platform Advantage Acre®, AgReliant Genetics demonstrates commitment to our vision by developing meaningful relationships, delivering valuable seed solutions, and providing an excellent customer experience.
OUR CULTURE & OUR PEOPLE:
AgReliant Genetics is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. At every level, our people are an essential part in maintaining our values and furthering our growth. We pursue individuals who demonstrate commitment, excellence, integrity, safety and innovation in their work.
At AgReliant Genetics you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value our employees’ passion and believe in giving people the space to navigate challenges, invent solutions and excel in a rewarding career.
You can learn more about AgReliant Genetics and our brands at agreliantgenetics.com or by following @AgReliant on Facebook and Twitter.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value and openly welcome diversity at AgReliant. Diversity and inclusion is a key part of our strategy for long-term success.
The LG Seeds Marketing intern will assist in all parts of Marketing, including content creation for blogs, email and social, feature story writing, video creation, shadowing employees, assisting at brand meetings, trade shows, other events and more. The intern will gain an understanding of the day-to-day and strategic functions of a Marketing Team, as well as all aspects of the seed business.
- Complete a summer long marketing project assigned by the Content Marketing Manager and/or Marketing Team
- Coordinate and facilitate interviews to create content for eNewsletters, web, social media and more, including feature stories spotlighting farmers, dealers and employees
- Shadow District Sales Managers, Interns and Agronomists to experience the sales side of the seed industry
- Contribute to cross-functional projects with the Digital Marketing Program Manager, Channel Marketing Managers and Marketing Communication Program Managers to understand the functions of a Marketing Team
- Create increased brand awareness by assisting the Marketing Team with branding, advertising, trade shows, company events, promotional collateral, etc
- Become familiar with and utilize sales tools such as CRM, marketing automation tool, website CMS, project management tool and more as directed by the Content Marketing Manager
- Complete all required paperwork in carrying out daily responsibilities
- Keep accurate records of activities and expenses
- Operate according to the standards set forth by AgReliant Genetics, LLC
- Assist the Sales, Agronomy and Marketing Teams with other responsibilities as needed
- College students who are interested in agriculture and majoring in Marketing, Communications, Advertising and/or an ag-related field.
- Highly self-motivated: Many projects require self-motivation and self-reflection throughout the process. Must be able to manage time efficiently and effectively and stay organized.
- Excellent time manager: Marketing in the seed is very fast-paced, especially in the summer. Intern must be able to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Integrity: Honesty and ethics are vital to this position.
- Dependability: Position requires intern to be reliable, responsible, on-time and dependable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills: Writing and communication are vital in this role. Job requires working in a team setting, so intern must be able to collaborate and excel in a group setting.
- Strong work ethic: Intern must be willing to work hard and complete all assigned tasks.
- Professional attitude: Customer service is number one. Intern must be professional and courteous and always put the customer and others first.
- Great leadership qualities: Job requires taking charge and being a leader, especially during assigned sales or marketing project.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite is a benefit but not required
- Ability to work required hours
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs
- Must have valid driver’s license and meet MVR guidelines
Some overnight travel required