Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) is a fully integrated retail, foodservice and private label producer of fresh and processed meats based in Delphi, Indiana. Since the start of operations in 1991, we have experienced rapid growth from a single pork processing company into a multi-plant diversified producer of fresh and processed meats, with locations throughout America’s Heartland and revenues of approximately $1.5B. We are best known for our national brand Kentucky Legend (the best-selling boneless ham brand in the United States) as well as several well-known regional brands, including Indiana Kitchen, Fischer’s, Field, Mickelberry’s, Kentuckian Gold, and Scott Pete. We have additional processing facilities in Frankfort, Indiana; Holland, Michigan; and Owensboro, Kentucky.
Specialty Foods Group LLC a division of Indiana Packers Corp is currently seeking a Marketing Intern for Summer 2021 to support the functions of the Owensboro, KY Marketing team. This is a paid internship. The ideal candidate has a strong passion for marketing and public relations industry with a keen attention to detail and is an outgoing and hardworking individual. This internship will provide significant hands-on insight into a fast-paced role, as well as invaluable learning about the marketing industry.
- Provide support with all marketing administrative needs
- Provide support for all PR-related events
- Assisting our clients by gaining and retaining customers
- Developing strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Assist with managing on-site production and execution
- Meeting and making a connection with customers, asking questions, and listening to customer needs, then giving options and advice on meeting those needs.
- Draft pitches, actively conduct outreach and engage with clients
- Participate in team and department brainstorms
- All other duties as assigned Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Understanding and appreciation for Marketing
- Commitment to working well in a team
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and “roll with the punches”
- Exudes a positive, personable attitude coupled with an outgoing personality
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office (specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to take direction but can confidently work autonomously
- Current enrolled in a fully accredited College or University
- In good academic standing with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Prefer a major in Marketing, Business, Agricultural Economics or related
Late May/Early June until Mid-August