If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, come work at Corteva Agriscience! We have an exciting opportunity for a Market Development Specialist serving Indiana and Eastern, IL. This role serves as the interface between the Commercial and R&D organizations. In addition, this individual is responsible for implementing district strategy with selected retail accounts within the Crop Protection Business.
This is a remote position and can be based anywhere in within the serving geography listed above. If hired, you may be required to travel as necessary to support business activities.
What Will You Do?
- Local collector and interpreter of the technical needs of users, influencers, channel partners, and Corteva Crop Protection sales team regarding products.
- Translate local needs into questions to be answered by projects and communicates inputs to Field Scientists for marketing for awareness.
- Support district sales goals of existing products by providing technical and sales support.
- Support the development of the sales organization through training, coaching, and best practice improvement for trainees experienced hires and experienced territory managers in Crop Protection.
- Serve as a key technical resource for Pioneer, Brevant, and multi-channel seed brands for Corteva.
- Support local sales team with sales and product training for new and experienced sales representatives.
- Work with Technology Transfer to transform the information generated by Field Scientists and R&D into applicable information for the commercial organization
- Facilitate the coordination and implementation of Tech Transfer training for new Territory Managers through serving on the Tech Education Network team.
- Manage technical training for key distributors.
What Is Expected from You?
- Bachelor’s degree
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of field experience, preferably in a similar role.
- Agronomy and business experience in relevant geography.
- Good listener and interpreter of views from a wide range of inputs.
- Strong communication skills to transfer knowledge across the network and within the region.
- The ability to establish sustainable business relationships; identify processes to further joint partnerships and managing thorough business plans are required abilities and skills.
- Strong technical expertise and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to position full Corteva Crop Protection portfolio including industry-leading corn, soybean herbicide solutions, nitrogen maximizers, plant health, and trait technologies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills- verbal and written
- Ability to communicate across diverse functions e.g., Sales, Marketing, R&D, Regulatory, Legal
- Strong self-directing skills, ability to work effectively with minimal guidance
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Strong computer skills; PowerPoint, Word, Excel, sales reporting
- Innovative in focus
- Ability to solve problems or capitalize on opportunities without guidance
- Capable of prioritizing and implementing action against key objectives
- Frequent travel required, 50% of the time or greater.
What you can expect from us:
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive health, vision, and dental insurance
- Sales incentive bonus plan
- 100% 401k company match
- 4 weeks paid time off to start & paid holidays
- Company provided cell phone, laptop, vehicle, and business expense account
- Work-life balance – a varied mix of working from a home office and spending time out in the field
Ready to grow your perspectives and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!