Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
Elanco is transforming its data and information landscape to become a company that is more data-driven than ever before, particularly within our Commercial function. Our historic focus has been upon our CRM and Sales datasets but the need to engage our customers through digital channels and other marketing activity is accelerating, particularly because of the global pandemic. This future requires us to work with new source systems, processes, and datasets to ensure that we have the right data available to both run and transform our business.
The Marketing Data Analyst will be the primary IT point of contact for specific datasets and related activities/capabilities within our Commercial Data Environment (ElancoCORE). They will lead the effort to establish new data domains and data products within our Enterprise Data Landscape and work with various partners across the Commercial and IT organization to achieve our information management goals. You will be responsible for day-to-day interactions with business partners and stakeholders as well as colleagues in other data domains and serve as an escalation point for specific project/support issues.
As our Marketing datasets are an emerging area, you will also assist in defining its scope and lead projects to bring in this data. It is not expected that you will be involved in the detail of all operational activities within these data domains and appropriate, repetitive tasks should be delegated to vendor resources with effective overview.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
Responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Form a strong partnership with the appropriate Stakeholders / Data Owners/BRM Leads in the Marketing Organization to align on the datasets and services we need to provide
- Oversee external providers to improve our Service Offerings and meet our business partners’ needs
- Look for opportunities to streamline processes and improve performance of our data capabilities and turn them into reality through developing business cases
- Serve as an initial escalation point for any significant support or operational issues that our vendors need assistance to resolve and ensure appropriate communication to stakeholders
- Manage the list of providers and subscribers to these datasets, ensuring that the list remains current, the content correct and the data usage appropriate
- Play a lead role in projects that affect our Marketing Datasets, particularly those that are significantly improving its services
- Play a consulting role in projects that affect the Commercial Data Platform to ensure that their outcome aligns to the established design standards and processes within the function
- Partner with the Commercial Data Architect to create a roadmap of data products and deliverables for the Marketing Organization
- Display curiosity and maintain current knowledge of industry trends and technologies to make recommendations that can be appropriately integrated into our solutions and services
- Act as the System Custodian for all processes related to specific datasets within the Marketing Organization
- Maintain the list of ServiceNow Configuration Items for specific datasets
- Support other Data peers and drive appropriate consistency levels across datasets
- Educate colleagues about our Marketing datasets and create an understanding of how it can be used across Elanco.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems/Computer Science
- 5+ years of solution implementation experience with data platforms or related components
- Ability to facilitate effective meetings and elicit functional / non-functional requirements from business and IT stakeholders
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, global work environment and the ability to work on multiple time-sensitive projects concurrently are critical
- Demonstrated customer management, negotiation, and project management skills with evidence of handling tough situations considerately and sensitively
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as detailed-oriented organizational skills are also required
- Prior experience with Commercial datasets and processes preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Data platforms and capabilities, such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse Analytics
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status