The U.S. Farm Animal Marketing team is responsible for preparing strategic plans and implementing marketing tactics for the portfolio of brands within the U.S. Farm Animal Business. The channel partner marketing manager will play an integral role managing Elanco’s broad portfolio across a wide range of channel partners. The role is responsible for development of brand and portfolio strategies within each partner that align with Elanco’s brand plans and make that strategy come to life through execution and delivery of the defined tactics.
- Business Ownership
+ Lead the development of marketing strategies for Cattle and swine products within our channel partner team.
+ Lead and influence cross-functional teams to drive execution of marketing tactics within our channel partners.
+ Acts in accordance with marketing compliance and plays an active role in knowledge transfer to commercial teams
+ Actively participates as a member of the channel leadership team.
+ Oversees the development and approval of channel programs and is responsible for ensuring that programs align with our Elanco code of conduct and best business practices.
- Strategy Execution
+ Executes strategies/brand plans—Works with strategic plans developed by Farm Animal Marketing, executes local portfolio strategy (with distribution), and creates and delivers pricing, profitability and promotional guidance
+ Metrics/Measurement—Tracks KPIs and metrics and connects with Farm Animal Marketing to provide shared learnings, feedback, and questions
- Brand Development
+ Ensures global brand plans/positioning and playbooks are executed accurately within each of our channel partners
- Insights and Analytics
+ Develop and implement customer insights strategies that will inform compelling brand messages and portfolio value propositions.
- Marketing Execution
+ Marketing Campaign execution—Executes brand implementation plan, Marketing Mix decisions, media planning (when required) and agency management
+ Works with other stakeholders—Understands and seeks to influence guidelines, regulations or access issues, influences sales cycle processes and Sales force alignment and education, executes local KOL program and launch programs.
+ Management and oversight of distribution agreements with customers (for Food Animal only)
+ Develops intra-company relationships—strong link to Farm Animal Marketing Team and to commercial management
+ Leadership—possesses the ability to inspire and align the organization, strong communication skills and executive presence
+ Respects and leverages diversity
+ Establish effective partnerships with the field sales team to understand needs and opportunities among customers and KOLs.
+ Approximately 20% of time should be directly connected to Elanco customers.
- Bachelor’s degree, Marketing/Business preferred
- 5+ years overall sales / marketing experience in animal health or closely related field
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Strong functional understanding of animal agriculture industry
- Demonstrated track record of successful implementation of projects and delivery of outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams for project delivery
- Effective at prioritizing and managing multiple simultaneous project demands
- Demonstration of strong business acumen and problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills across diversity of audience and levels of leadership
- Track record of peer and cross functional influence and leadership without reporting authority
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status