At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first.
Come join our team in the role of Marketing Communications Manager! This position will lead, create, deliver and evaluate all initiatives related to marketing communications for specialty businesses, such as the pasture and land management business in the U.S. They will work closely with Portfolio Marketing Leaders, Strategic Marketing Managers, Market Development Specialists, Communication Specialists, Corteva Digital Team and advertising agency partners to develop and implement strategy and tactical execution of timely and effective communications directed to end users, farmers, ranchers, channel partners, field sales teams and more. The Marketing Communications Manager will lead the marketing communications strategies leading up to the launch of new products and follow the commercialization and market growth of products/product brands.
What You’ll Do:
Market Planning and Strategic Development
Lead communications strategy formation and planning processes for the development, organization, implementation and evaluation of marketing communications, digital plans and media advertising as it relates to promotional initiatives and materials development. Provide oversight and collaborate with marketing stakeholders and the agency and digital team in the development and implementation of creative marketing communications plans and activities, with the input of Portfolio Marketing Leaders and Strategic Marketing Managers. Ensure, in conjunction with the digital team and advertising agency, complete marketing communications plans are developed and implemented in a timely manner. Ensure that written and verbal communications follow legal guidelines, third party agreement requirements, company advertising standards, marketing philosophies and product marketing guidelines.
Advertising & Media Utilization
- Provide overall management of marketing messages by overseeing the development of effective messaging and creative elements by the advertising agency and digital team.
- Determine which concepts should be advanced for review, based upon strategic understanding of objectives and opportunities.
- Lead the development of a multi-channel, fully integrated marketing communications plans inclusive of traditional media, digital communications, sales support materials, social and more with agency partners and digital communications.
- Evaluate and utilize all channels and media to deliver messages most effectively and efficiently depending on prioritized target audiences.
Leverage Communications Across All Disciplines
Paid Media Advertising: Provide oversight of paid media plans including traditional media of radio, TV and print advertising. Work with the agency to evaluate maximization of reach via media vehicles while achieving efficiency of spend. E-Business Communications: Leverage e-platforms and digital interactivity to deliver communications supporting the assigned product responsibilities. Includes, but not limited to internal websites, email, ag-related/business web sites, search engines, etc. Public Relations: Recognize and maximize the opportunity public relations offers to augment paid media advertising and other marketing communications disciplines in a very cost-efficient manner; seek and capitalize on opportunities to leverage integrated PR and paid advertising combinations. Publications/Literature: Oversee the development of sales support collateral materials and other customer-facing elements that are utilized at the field-sales level. Maintain and deliver consistent messaging and creative look supporting assigned product responsibilities. Tradeshows and Events: Oversee the development of objectives, strategy, sponsorships, and creative presence of business related tradeshows and events for customer and internal facing events.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Journalism, Advertising, Marketing, Corporate Communications, Agricultural Communications, Ag Business or related discipline.
What Skills You Need:
- 5+ years marketing communications experience. Requires background and experience in sales, marketing, customer relationship management, internet/e-business communications and/or advertising agency experience.
- Knowledge of production agriculture, agronomy and/or overall crop management preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills including verbal, written & presentation.
- Ability to provide strategic communication recommendations.
- Ability to define expectations, monitor details and progress, influence, persuade and negotiate to keep projects on schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to work with other department members to build and reach consensus and support, yet have the ability to think and work independently.
- Experience in working on integrated, multi-faceted communications campaigns using a variety of delivery platforms, including traditional media advertising and digital communication tools.
- Demonstrated ability to handle large volumes of work and prioritize in a fast-paced environment without close supervision.
- Ability to interface and provide clear, written direction to ad agencies.
- Ability to travel to key customer-facing events, tradeshows, and meetings.
Benefits – How We’ll Support You:
- Numerous development opportunities offered to build your skills
- Be part of a company with a higher purpose and contribute to making the world a better place
- Health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- Four weeks of paid time off and two weeks of well-being pay per year, plus paid holidays
- Excellent parental leave which includes a minimum of 16 weeks for mother and father
- Future planning with our competitive retirement savings plan and tuition reimbursement program
- Learn more about our total rewards package here – Corteva Benefits
- Check out life at Corteva! www.linkedin.com/company/corteva/life
Are you a good match? Apply today! We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated. If you require a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
- Accessibility Page for Contact Information
- For US Applicants: See the ‘Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law’ poster
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.