As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
This role will help lead the global market intelligence (MI) capability by infusing best practices and continuous improvement throughout the offering, including data harmonization and ingestion, visualization, and insights generations. They will serve as a key point of contact between the commercial teams, Elanco IT, and IAC (advanced analytics) to implement change and manage the overall MI capability
Market Intelligence (MI) and Global Assumption Management: Serve as a champion for the use of data to inform key business decisions.
- Working under the direction of the global market intelligence lead, enhance MI capabilities through improved data ingestion, visualization, and analytics
- Manage global market assumptions (e.g., animal populations, incidence rates, etc) to ensure they are accurate, accessible, and robust; proactive seek new data (“insights sourcing”) from reputable sources (e.g., Elanco Market Insights team, technical consultants, 3rd party research)
- Provide access to market intelligence in a user-friendly, secure manner (e.g., Teams site, PowerBI report w/role-based security)
- Support market intelligence capabilities (e.g., maintenance of US cross-channel report)
- Intelligence and Analytics Process Optimization: Drive continuous improvement throughout the MI processes with the goal of deepening insights, improving team productivity (in producing MI deliverables), and improving the usability of MI reports and dashboards
- Work with Elanco IT to improve the processes related to data harmonization, ingestion, and automation
- Work with IAC team to infuse automation into the modeling processes (e.g., automate market forecasting and workflow processes)
- Identify additional data sources to enrich existing views and/or offer new insights
- Support the management of vendor relationships (e.g., Kynetec, Animalytix, Vetnosis, IHSM, IDEXX, BungeeTech, etc)
- New Product Forecasting Governance: Manage the process for developing objective, fact-based scenarios in collaboration with business partners (Global Marketing, affiliate leadership, R&D, etc.)
- Maintain and enhance the forecasting process, including all forecasting templates and the forecasting automation tool
- Partner with colleagues in Global Marketing, the Commercial organization (e.g., country affiliates), and R&D to conduct post-launch analysis of forecast vs actuals
- Be a driver of the forecasting “source of truth” across the organization in collaboration with brand leaders
- Continuous Improvement: Continuously enhance the Elanco’s market intelligence process through the refinement of tools/templates, approaches, and technology
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or scientific discipline
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience including statistical modeling and/or financial analysis
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Master’s degree in a business (e.g., MBA), scientific, or mathematical discipline preferred
- Familiarity with statistical and visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, R, Python, SAS)
- Healthcare experience preferred
This role can be located in Greenfield or anywhere in the US.