Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
Participates in functional/cross functional teams in continuous improvement projects to identify common cause variation, and/or process improvement projects based on company priorities. Participates in the identification, implementation, and tracking of process improvement projects to achieve cost savings. Champions continuous improvement (CI) culture throughout the organization.
- Identify improvement opportunities and implement solutions using process improvement tools, relevant metrics, and improvement objectives to create cost savings through direct expense reduction or process improvement savings.
- Participate in cross functional process improvement activities for prioritized projects. Assist in identifying problems and formulating solutions for assigned projects. Incorporate and apply process improvement tools (i.e. RCCA method for problem solving, six sigma, lean manufacturing, etc.) in project teams.
- Facilitate and participate in the implementation of the process changes and monitor sustainability.
- Assist in the identification and creation of appropriate measures for tracking success through the development of Key Performance Indicators (KPI). Monitors the KPI’s to accurately assess process improvement activities and results. Identify gaps and/or additional opportunities. Communicate identified opportunities, current project(s), implemented improvements and benefits.
- Develop and maintain expertise in continuous improvement skills.
- Ability to effectively identify and utilize resources to drive process improvements projects resulting in cost savings
- Demonstrated ability to define a problem, analyze and deliver cost saving solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and influence cross functional teams.
- Excellent presentation skills with technical business writing and oral communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Office software, including Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and Power Point. Preference to proficiency in statistical tools.
Management & Economic Magnitude: This is an individual contributor role; however the incumbent will be required to influence project teams across all levels of the business. Incumbent may lead teams in a limited project size capacity. Supports cross-functional project teams that target project savings. This may be actual dollars or reflected cost savings through efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Scientific, Engineering or Business Technical Degree preferred.
- Lean or Green Belt Certification required.
- AT least two years’ experience in Lean experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Writing and use of a computer keyboard frequently.
• Occasional use of personal protective equipment.
• Works in an office setting and technical environment under desirable conditions with few or no disagreeable features. The individual may be required to enter production support areas as well as sterile filling rooms. Minimal travel may be required.
• Must be able to read and see clearly. Vision clarity with or without correction to read handwritten as well as computer generated documents.
• Position requires the ability to handle projects simultaneously. May require occasional fast-paced periods to meet deadlines or handle emergencies. Also requires close concentration, the ability to quickly analyze data and good decision making capabilities. Ability to work independently, in a team atmosphere and with employees at all levels.
• Flexible schedule to accommodate workload. May require off-shift work hours as job demands
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status