Now is your chance to join an organization where WHAT YOU DO MATTERS!
AmeriQual Foods, an Evansville, IN based food manufacturing facility, is seeking a self-motivated, results-oriented individual to assume responsibilities as an Automation Engineer. This position will lead and implement hardware and software programs to ensure optimal equipment safety, reliability, and efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively communicate issues, goals, and objectives and manage competing requests in a complex, changing environment with multiple customers.
- Creates, identifies and implements new and innovative solutions and technologies in support of improved safety, quality, customer service, GMP and continuous improvement.
- Supervise installation, operation, and maintenance of control systems.
- Interact with vendors and contractors during equipment installs and upgrades; support installation, qualification, and validation activities.
- Develop proper preventative maintenance procedures to ensure controls systems and equipment function according to specification.
- Interpret blueprints, schematics, and technical drawings.
- Comply with all safety and environmental regulations.
- Communicate project schedules and align outage and shutdown needs with team members.
- Closely monitor ever-changing production schedule to plan projects and repairs requiring machine downtime to coincide with production scheduling demands.
- Communicate production issues with all levels of operations management.
- Assist in the design and development of manufacturing processes in order to meet daily production schedules while enhancing productivity, production yield, and product quality.
- Provide production support, including troubleshooting manufacturing process and equipment.
- Apply structured problem solving analysis techniques utilizing engineering principles and practices to provide solutions to product processes, controls, facilities, and equipment issues.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative collaboration with all team members, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Supply technical information and guidance to the Maintenance team for spare parts, predictive maintenance and preventative maintenance to increase equipment reliability.
- Lead cross functional teams to deliver solutions on time and on budget.
- Ensure contractors are operating in a safe, compliant manner and following AmeriQual policies.
- Perform all functions in full compliance with corporate policies and procedures and all other applicable environmental, health, safety and GMP requirements.
- Associate’s degree in engineering or related field required.
- Proven knowledge of control systems, PLC’s, operator interfaces, networking, and robots
- Results driven with proven decision making skills and high accountability
- Must be willing and able to work off-shift, weekends and Holidays to maximize opportunities for equipment availability to meet project timelines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Ability to professionally communicate and work effectively in a team oriented environment.
- Self-starter with strong leadership, administrative, and people skills Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize, multitask, anticipate changing project needs, and meet deadlines. .
- Thorough working knowledge of all current OSHA and Safety Standards
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Position will also frequent the production floor, so operating in standard seasonal warehouse and food processing plant temperature conditions will be required. Work is completed in a facility where nuts, fruits and other allergens are present.
AmeriQual is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer