The Elanco Site Supply Chain Leader represents the knowledge and capability of supply chain principles and techniques that can be applied to all the products produced at the site to ensure supply meets the needs of the market. The role dictates both a strategic approach and a tactical implementation function. The role needs to integrate within the site to fully understand the sites lead times, capacities and capabilities. . The role includes direct responsibility for all supply, new product launch, change control (source changes, regulatory changes, label and market access changes), inventory and warehouse and distribution environment.
- The focus is on communicating supply chain issues and opportunities into appropriate language and metrics for the business to be informed and make improved decisions
- This role facilitates a strong S&OP processes within the site.
- The role includes managing, motivating and developing a team of supply chain people to deliver the expected results (planners, schedulers, , purchasing, and procurement)
- Understanding all of the supply chain aspects impacting the site; launch, product regulatory changes, manufacturing source changes, label changes, product growths and declines, inventory policy, distribution changes and requirements, etc to allow effective delivery of global supply resulting in full demand realization. .
- The role sits on the site lead team and contributes to key decisions and the direction of the site. This position has a dotted line reporting relationship to Global Supply Chain Leadership to assure CORRS standards are implemented and maintained.
- Demand Management / Supply Alignment
- Understand the statements of demand and significant changes for all products manufactured on site.
- Generation of capacity plans and options for increasing / decreasing capacity based upon demand changes
- Understand safety stock policies and assure adherence
- Work with operations, MS&T, Quality, Engineering and Finance to help deliver the best plans to meet global demands
- Assure new product launches within business / affiliate are aligned with global launch dates and plans. Help coordinate all supply chain aspects of a launch out of the site.
- Work with business and site to establish minimum, maximum and safety stock targets for each item
- Support CORRS initiatives within the site and assure sustainability.
- Planning: understand the impact of manufacturing changes, regulatory changes, printed packaging changes, managed supply and assure that these changes are incorporated in site plans
- Understand the needs of the market and communicate supply chain design and distribution opportunities to improve the flexibility and response of manufacturing into the market. Communicate issues back to Supply Chain leadership to determine methodology for resolution – project, six sigma effort, etc.
- Create a sense of credibility and effectiveness within the site and with global customers that both strategic and tactical issues are brought to the Supply Chain Leader’s attention for action plan and resolution. Develop and use a wide network of resource in the central group to help bring solutions to the site.
- Facilitate the monthly site S&OP processes and escalate issues and action plans to ES&OP
- Participate in central processes that impact the site: such as inventory targeting, business planning, launch, PAR, etc
- Help drive the supply chain and distribution strategy for the particular products manufactured at the site.
- Metrics: Provide a series of metrics that determine the overall health of the product supply, such as PIWIR, OTIF, on time Launch, etc.
- Participate in improvement projects at the site that impact productivity, planning, scheduling and meeting customer requirements.
- Help solve technical issues and resolve specific problems. Assure effective communication of issue resolution and / or impact.
- 5+ years’ experience in Animal Health or Pharmaceutical supply chain management
- CPIM certified (or working toward certification)
- Demonstrated learning agility
- Knowledge of supply chain tools and business processes
- Experience with project management & planning
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate effectively
- Previous management and supervisory experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Animal Health/Pharmaceutical industry and supply chain experience in direct operations, and familiarity with FDA and other regulatory requirements
- Experience interfacing with various manufacturing functional groups, such as production, logistics, quality control, quality assurance, and technical services
- Business knowledge and ability to develop supply chain strategies
- Experience with GBIP/SAP/APO
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Bachelor’s degree
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status