WHO WE ARE
AgReliant Genetics is a leader in seed research, production, and quality focused on providing trusted seed solutions that help farmers grow.
Created July 1, 2000 as a joint venture between two of the world’s largest independent seed companies, KWS and Limagrain, AgReliant Genetics is now one of the fastest growing independent seed companies in the industry, ranked as the third largest corn seed company in the U.S., and operates one of the largest research programs in North America.
At AgReliant Genetics we have a unique multi-brand strategy that gives farmers across the U.S. and in Canada access to our products, regardless of geographical location or operation size. Through our seed brands – AgriGold®, LG Seeds® and PRIDE Seeds® – and our digital ag platform Advantage Acre®, AgReliant Genetics demonstrates commitment to our vision by developing meaningful relationships, delivering valuable seed solutions, and providing an excellent customer experience.
OUR CULTURE & OUR PEOPLE
AgReliant Genetics is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. At every level, our people are an essential part in maintaining our values and furthering our growth. We pursue individuals who demonstrate commitment, excellence, integrity, safety and innovation in their work.
At AgReliant Genetics you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value our employees’ passion and believe in giving people the space to navigate challenges, invent solutions and excel in a rewarding career.
You can learn more about AgReliant Genetics and our brands at agreliantgenetics.com or by following @AgReliant on Facebook and Twitter.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value and openly welcome diversity at AgReliant. Diversity and inclusion is a key part of our strategy for long-term success.
The Research Data & Analytics Manager will provide technical and people leadership to the teams that deliver the AgReliant Research data and analytics strategies.
- Lead and direct the AgReliant Research Data Management and Biostatistics Teams
- On-time delivery of the analyses required by AgReliant researchers to complete projects and decision making, with significant focus on inbred and hybrid advancement processes
- Innovate new analytical tools, analyses, summaries, visualizations, and dashboards that improve decision making by AgReliant researchers
- Ensure data governance, structure, and integrity processes and practices are implemented and followed
- Collaborate with AgReliant IT to continually improve the AgReliant Research data management infrastructure and capabilities
- Train users of AgReliant Genetics’ databases and software packages
- Support the development & reporting of performance metrics & functional reference information as defined by AgReliant Research functional leaders
- Recruit new scientists and develop existing team to grow into larger roles
- Drive collaboration with parent company research leaders on relevant projects
- Lead and prioritize projects and workload according to business impact.
- Grow team agility in taking on new projects in context of existing work plans
- Be an active and key member of the Research Leadership team
- Drive the AgReliant Genetics Mission, Vision and Values in your organization
- Champion a culture of people development that grows skills, experience, engagement, and ability within your function.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ph. D. in Plant or Animal Breeding, Statistics, Bioinformatics, or related field
- Ten (10) or more years’ experience in agriculture research including seven (7) or more years’ experience leading teams of ag researchers
- Significant experience developing and implementing ag field-research data analysis, management, and reporting strategies within in a large, dynamic, commercially focused breeding organization
- Experienced in recruiting new technical talent into a data management organization
- Deep understanding of agricultural field research
- Significant experience with data analysis and data software tools (Tableau, Spotfire)
- Experienced in utilizing open source and other programming languages
- Significant knowledge of database development and data storage strategies
- Experience and zeal to drive innovation and process change in a team and function
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, including to senior-level stakeholders
- Ability to set direction of your teams in alignment to the company strategy
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs
- Ability to travel up to 20 %, including occasional international travel
- This role is in an office environment
- Must have valid driver’s license and meet MVR Requirements