As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
Position Brand Description:
The Manager will be responsible for the quality and food safety at the site. To provide support for Terre Haute Manufacturing Operations and maintain quality systems and GMP compliance. The Manager QA/QC will:
- provide production floor support for quality assurance, (decision quality)
- maintain GMP compliance and in the preparation for inspections
- facilitate continuous improvement by coaching, (develop talent)
- authoring and supporting deviation investigations
- change control proposal implementation.
- be responsible for the batch release of material intended for market distribution. provide direct leadership for the quality control functions at Elanco Terre Haute.
- be responsible for the day to day QC laboratory operations (direct work and drive for results)
- support coordination of new product development/trials that are executed in the ETH development suite.
The responsibilities of the QA/QC Manager include:
- Support production floor operations or support group operations
- Oversee the batch release of raw materials and finished products
- Investigate out-of-specification or out-of-trend data
- Review and approve specifications and production related protocols
- Review area procedures, drawings, change proposals, and deviations.
- Approve operations procedures and drawings
- Participate in area process teams
- Attend and contribute to production morning meetings
Maintain and improve site Quality Systems
- Write or revise standard operating procedures related to Quality Assurance operations
- Serve as the site HACCP/Food Safety/PCQI
- Write and revise training associated with Quality Assurance operations
- Deliver training to site personnel on quality related topics
- Maintain and improve Quality Systems and serve as site representative for corporate committees or knowledge transfer (as designated by management)
- Provide oversight to the QC laboratory (QC technicians and QC Chemist) including the QC department’s daily workload planning, performance planning and issues.
- Fill in for QA/QC Manager
- Facilitate change implementation while ensuring compliance to applicable cGMP’s and Elanco Quality Systems
- Provide coaching and feedback to operational staff
- Perform periodic audits and inspections of production areas to ensure GMP compliance and inspection/audit readiness
- Investigate customer complaints. (customer focus)
- Support the development suite at Terre Haute both analytically and operationally.
Minimum Basic Requirements:
- 5 years minimum experience in Quality
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, excellent interpersonal skills/savvy and networking skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks, plan and align, ability to work independently, drives for results, decision making, and attention to detail
- Computer applications, statistical analysis, and problem solving
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience- Science related field preferred.
- Experience in QA, QC, Engineering, Manufacturing Science & Technology, or Regulatory is desirable
- Leadership, ability to influence, resilient, courage
- Prior Quality Assurance experience preferred
- Language requirements – English
- Will need to work in areas manufacturing animal health products
- Monday-Friday 8 hours
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status