Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings belo
The Operations Manager in Winslow, Maine will have oversight of personnel, processes and materials in production areas. Ensures that the manufacture operations remain in compliance with external and internal regulations and procedures. Interpersonal, collaborative and effective communication skills are required to adequately collaborate with different levels and functions in the organization. Utilizes technical and analytical skills to drive departmental performance and partners with other functions to meet and or exceed annual business plan.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
- Incorporate Operational Excellence initiatives and practices into all day to day operations.
- Responsible for leading area Process Team or Steering Team
- Prepares production schedules and monitors daily manufacture activities to ensure compliance with schedules, manufacturing directions, Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs), Outlines of Production (OOP) or any other guideline.
- Assigns accountability to direct reports or team members when they do not comply with their duties, Regulatory Standards or internal procedures.
- Prepares or reviews SOP’s and verifies that these documents are comprehensive, current and consistent with OOP.
- Provided technical support during internal and external inspections.
- Develop mid/long term resource requirement planning
- Responsible for the maintenance of the workplace cleanliness and housekeeping at all the levels of the operations
- Ensures that team members have the required training and expertise to execute their daily responsibilities proficiently.
- Acts as first line of communication for grievances, executes disciplinary actions and maintains the Operations Manager and HR fully informed when these events occurs in the areas of responsibility
- Makes recommendations to the Operations Manager regarding to capital investments and equipment requirements.
- Responsible for the department budget
- Monitors attendance, ensures the adequate use of overtime and approves team members time cards
- Leads by example and ensures that team members have a safe work conditions, adequate resources to sustain a safe environment and that they are in compliance with all safety standards.
- Leads the implementation of changes and/or during process deviations investigations
- Responsible to ensure that all production records are completed correctly and in timely manner
- Hiring Manager – responsible for ensuring a compliant hiring process and personnel selection
- Responsible for raising process deviations along with their respective investigations.
- BS Degree in Science or BS Degree Engineering
- Demonstrate strong leadership and ability to work collaboratively across diverse teams.
- Demonstrate irreproachable safety and quality culture at all the levels
- High level of Initiative and commitment for continuous improvement
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- BS Degree in Science preferably Biology or Microbiology
- Some experience with SAP, JMP, Microsoft Visio and creation of personnel work schedules.
- May require some (5%) travel to attend to trainings or other company function activities.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status