Elanco has an exciting opportunity to join our growing innovative and collaborative tax team as we execute our vision to become a high performing tech-forward tax department, taking command over our data and enabling increased analytics through use of data wrangling, automation and visualization tools. Our commitment to this vision is demonstrated by our commitment of resources, including a newly created Tax Technology Manager position, training plans and technology license budgets to meet our needs and collaboration with an external service firm to develop a tax technology platform and process roadmap aligned to Elanco’s unique needs as a highly acquisitive and growing global #2 company in animal health.
The Manager – Domestic Income Tax Compliance, reports to the Director – Domestic Income Tax and is an integral role in the global tax department, primarily responsible for managing the preparation and review of all domestic income tax returns, including coordination of the US International, transfer pricing and other key inputs completed by other tax subgroups or 3rd party service providers, managing the quarterly estimate and cash projection processes, assisting with the annual income tax provision process and assisting with other federal and state projects. The role requires a comprehensive understanding of federal, state and US international income tax for a complex multinational public company.
The Ideal Candidate is driven by the mission of the Company… is a self-starter with strong organizational, project management, and process improvement skills and stands accountable for all elements of your functional responsibility. An innovator, you are constantly looking for ways to improve the process and add value – whether through automation and data analytics or cross-training and education. You are comfortable without a playbook and thrive when you get to help develop the processes and leave your mark. You enjoy flexible working arrangements, but you appreciate and understand the value of in-office collaboration and relationship building and that our company and team culture is what we make it.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the US Consolidated federal and state income tax compliance process
- Coordinate with tax team members on international, transfer pricing, and M&A tax issues as needed
- Ensure detail and manager level review of all returns and proper sign-off controls are in place
- Perform technical research and draft documentation of tax positions
- Drive transformation of the compliance process for growth and scale, including effective use of technology and data analytics, process simplification and standardization and people development
- Support the preparation of the annual and quarterly income tax provision process
- Manage the federal and state estimated tax payments process
- Manage all processes related to amended income tax returns
- Work with Director – Domestic Income Tax to ensure efficient integration of acquired companies
- Monitor changes in U.S. and non-U.S. tax law to ensure income tax implications are considered
- Partner with tax, accounting, and finance functions within Elanco, as well as, outside service providers
- Support Director – Domestic Income Tax with domestic tax planning and audits, as needed
- Develop strong understanding of Elanco businesses and internal financial systems and tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or equivalent
- 5+ years of progressive tax experience in public accounting or industry
- Demonstrated strength in project management philosophy, tools and processes
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Comprehensive understanding of federal and state income tax
- Growing knowledge of US international income tax concepts
- Excellent skills with the MS Suite: SharePoint, Teams, OneNote, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- MST and/or Data Science or Data Analytics concentration
- 5+ years complex public multi-national company experience
- Experience with CorpTax, BNA, SAP, MS Power platform
- Experience with Data Analytics systems (Alteryx, Tableau, Excel)
- Communicates: Strong upward and downward communication and expectation management
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy and resourcefulness to achieve desired outcome
- Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, seeks win-win solutions, builds strong relationships
- Analytical: Superior problem-solving skills required; plan and execute at strategic and tactical levels.
- Problem solver: Exceptional problem-solving and strategic skills, combined with business acumen.
- Adaptable: Ability to pivot against high priority initiatives and navigate ambiguity
- Work Ethic: A superior work ethic and dedication to the highest work quality and job excellence.
- Minimal travel
- Overtime will be required at peak times
- Worker Type: Flexible = work does not require a specific location or specialized equipment and can work successfully and productively across an ecosystem of different locations to support convenience, functionality, flexibility and well-being. Flexible workers are expected to come on-site about half the time.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status