Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
The Customer Relationship Manager, Digital is responsible for the thought leadership, plan development and implementation of Elanco’s direct to customer communications approach and implementation. This person will play a critical role in advancing our customer centric digital vision using email and mobile marketing techniques and tools to drive business results across the portfolio with scalability across the globe.
They will manage Elanco’s multi-year Direct Customer Relationship U.S. business case with emphasis on Pet Owners. The CRM Manager will develop and implement the communications approach that drives consumer participation and repurchase growth resulting in Pet Owner lifetime value and the program engagement/revenue return. They will be act as the internal subject matter expert in direct customer communications using email and mobile as the main methods for interaction.
In this role, this person will manage the consumer contact strategy as well as identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve the engagement approach inclusive of content, promotions, messaging, etc. They will act as a liaison to CRM agency partners, learning and leveraging industry trends across all of our initiatives while developing capabilities that enhance and extend Elanco’s precision marketing discipline.
- Define and champion the role that direct marketing channels like email, social SMS play in our digital strategy and apply those possibilities to drive Elanco business value
- Build and continuously optimize our consumer contact strategy; leveraging marketing technology tools to enhance over time
- Manage the implementation of 1:1 communication in cross-functional partnership with I.T. and the core working team
- Drive measurable email and mobile communications initiatives by leveraging data and insights to drive audience identification, creative development, targeting, and customer facing delivery of campaigns/proof points; testing often to develop proof points to inform future strategies
- Manage and deploy the engagement marketing initiatives defined by Loyalty/Engagement workstream; leveraging customer data and insights to drive audience participation, conversion and relationship building
- Lead the evaluation of tools, vendors, and capabilities in the CRM space providing business driven POV to make decisions on go-forward data capability including Email service providers, SMS/Mobile delivery partners, creative development
- Establish best practices for Email and Mobile marketing via playbooks and case studies
- Initially focused on email and mobile with desire to expand to social, web, paid media
- Set and use engagement metrics to measure performance – what is working and what isn’t and adjust for improved outcomes
- Track and measure program results using Marketo & SFMC, identifying existing optimizations and new areas for improvement
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in marketing and/or communications field
- 3+yrs experience in digital/media marketing initiatives including metric based marketing programs; depth in mobile, social, email
- 2+ year of experience in email marketing
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Additional Skills & Preferences
- A successful candidate is a digital marketing professional with a strong analytics background
- Hands on experience in email marketing
- Experience and passion for working with agency partners to handle digital marketing execution
- Understand business-to-business communication and how to produce thought leadership that differentiates
- A successful candidate will have knowledge of customer centric communications planning and implementation with hands on experience in Email/SMS campaign management.
- Know how to use metrics to figure out what is working and what isn’t and adjust for improved outcomes
- Ability to direct, identify and create impactful engagement messaging at each stage of the buying cycle, from acquisition and lead generation to conversion to nurture
- Strong experience delivery of digital marketing tactics
- Be able to look at previous initiatives and determine what worked and what didn’t to form future recommendations.
- Exposure to data and technology platforms for CRM, email marketing, direct communications marketing
- Experience working with and coordinating digital agencies
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & PREFERENCES
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial mindset where work is moving fast, decisions are made from data and intuition
- Must be a self-starter with a strong desire to win.
- Ability to make independent decision making on best course of action to inform digital strategies
- Experience in creating simplicity out of a complex situation
- Strong communications and organization skills with robust attention to detail
- Balance of creativity and analytics to make decisions
- Experience in working in a matrixed organization with global talent
- Ability to quickly grasp & understand the technical aspects of the role
Travel: Up to 15% domestic and international
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status