The Farm Operations Manager will be responsible for the operation of the Ingredion Specialty Research Farm near Lebanon, Indiana. The Farm Operations Manager will maintain annual research activities, to include, specialty field research, nursery and yield plots, labor management, contract production, cooperator communication and negotiation, seed handling, inventory management, data collection, and internal presentations.
- Heavy equipment operation, herbicide, pesticide, and fertility application.
- Manage 1-2 full time reports, with additional seasonal employees (summer work crew up to15 employees), clear communication
- Conduct location research management at domestic and contra-seasonal production sites
- Perform data collection, manage foreign nursery shipments and inspections, data reporting
- Manage inbred and hybrid seed production, experiment planning and location mapping and communicate with cooperators about current year needs for research crops, seed inventory
- Work with Plant Breeders and others in Research to advance objectives and achieve targets
Qualified candidates will have:
- BS or MS degree in agriculture, horticulture, or biology and 5-10 years’ experience with Corn, Yellow Pea, or other agronomic row crops
- Seed Treatment Applicator License / Drone Pilot License
- International Shipping, Seed Import/Export, Phytosanitary Inspection experience
- MS Access, Excel and/or other data management software expertise
- Commercial Driver’s License, familiar with interstate commerce requirements
- Farm Management Experience, including operating heavy equipment operation, herbicide, pesticide, and fertility application.
- Ability to conduct approximately 10-15% business travel
- Attention to detail; experience with data collection and reporting
- Strong leadership skills, preferably in related environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, military status, or disability status.