Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) is a fully integrated retail, foodservice and private label producer of fresh and processed meats based in Delphi, Indiana. Since the start of operations in 1991, we have experienced rapid growth from a single pork processing company into a multi-plant diversified producer of fresh and processed meats and revenues of approximately $1.5B. We are best known for our national brand Kentucky Legend (the best-selling quarter-sliced ham in the United States) as well as several well-known regional brands, including Indiana Kitchen, Fischer’s, Field, Mickelberry’s, Kentuckian Gold, and Scott Pete. We have additional processing facilities in Frankfort, Indiana; Holland, Michigan; and Owensboro, Kentucky.
We value diversity, innovation, collaboration and those passionate about their jobs. We support our associates by offering a total rewards package, including competitive pay, three different medical care plans (two with company-funded health savings accounts), pharmacy, dental, and vision plans, a retirement/401K (with 50% match on team members’ contributions), a competitive paid time off program, educational assistance, and numerous advancement opportunities. With more than 3,100 team members located across 14 different states, we are a big company with a small company culture. Are you ready to run with “The Pack”?
What will a Management Trainee do?
Our Management Trainee Program offers an entry level management position with exceptional hands-on experience. The Management Trainee will spend several months gaining a solid understanding of our operations through direct observation and shadowing. Rotation assignments through several departments is necessary to gain a real understanding of the business. After initial training, the Management Trainee will be assigned to specific front-line Supervisor duties. Demonstrated excellence in front-line supervision will open opportunities for career growth in all facets of our business.
- Direct management of hourly team members including training, performance, discipline, compliance with company policies, and employee motivation and development
- Accountability for directing departmental actives to meet safety, quality, and productivity goals
- Accurate and complete record keeping of daily operations including equipment and line downtime, product audits, employee job rotations, and yield tracking information
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Science, Operations Management, Food Science, Agribusiness or related field
- Strong Communication, leadership and decision making skills
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office
- Willingness to work daily or weekly overtime, likely on 2nd or 3rd shift for an extended period of time
- Competitive base salary with shift premium pay and annual performance bonus
- 136 Hours Vacation in year 1
- Relocation package
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 401k, Supplemental Life, Accident and Illness insurance, and access to Employee Health Clinic
- Tuition Reimbursement