At Corteva Agriscience, we grow progress by putting farmers and consumers at the heart of agriculture, to help reshape the industry for the 21st century. We believe that the future of farming depends on aligning the food chain from end to end, so that we can work together to build agriculture into an industry that is more financially secure, sustainable, innovative and responsive. We are helping to shape an industry better able to understand and react to global market demands, that can effectively harness science, technology and innovation to optimize productivity, and which has the know-how and resources to help chart its own long-term success in the face of challenge and change.
Corteva Agriscience Information Technology is hiring for an exciting position of Major Incident Manager. The Major Incident Manager contributes to Corteva’s success by governing the IT Major Incident Process to ensure quick resolution of IT outages.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you.
- Governance of any production issues escalated as a Major Incident; ensure Major Incident Management (MIM) teams identify and engage correct SMEs to resolve the problem, drive to resolution
- Provide regular communications to key stakeholders including Corteva Service Owners and IT Business Partners
- Review performance of the MIM team, and drive continuous improvement
- Ensure adherence of the support teams to the SLAs
- Review Response Times and performance of the MIM team
- Build and nurture relationships across a diverse global organization.
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to support a 24×7 global operation via off-hours support, on-call availability, or other as needed per rhythm and needs of the business.
- Prepare statistics and trend reports for use in the problem management process. Identify problems through the review and focus on optimizing processes.
- Lead the Major Incident management process: address incident and problem management practice for handling the lifecycle of all problems; identification of actual and potential causes of incidents to reduce the likelihood of occurrence and impact to the business.
- Apply Problem Solving skills to engage colleagues for problem identification by advancing to elevated levels of expertise. Integrate with change, incident and configuration management to facilitate the recording, managing and resolving of the identified problem.
- Total years of experience: 10+
- 5 – 10 years of Major Incident/Problem Management Experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Clear and concise written and spoken English is a must
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of technology and related IT Service Management experience.
- ITIL v3/4 certification, or formal training in ITIL/ITSM plus equivalent work experience.
- Experience with using ServiceNow in an IT support or IT Service Management role is a plus
- Familiarity and practical application of advanced principles of ITIL/ITSM.
- Experience and understanding of the agriculture or chemicals industry, including the applicable business and technology processes and supporting technology architecture of business applications.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more
Apply today and take part in growing and powering our innovation engine!
Corteva Agriscience ™ serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.