This position is responsible for the operations and profitability of the assigned Grain Elevator. The role includes customer service, employee supervision, facility and equipment optimization, financial management, and short/long term planning for the location.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects essential functions for this position. Senior Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Supervise and develop office personnel and outside crew in the operations of the elevator.
- Optimize facility operations for maximum efficiencies, while being responsive to the needs of our farmer owners and processor customers.
- Assist in the hiring and training of elevator personnel, including annual evaluations.
- Manage facility financial results, including expense budgeting and assisting with sales merchandising decisions.
- Ensure grain quality and condition meets grade and expectations.
- Manage facility assets, including preventative maintenance, repair, and equipment replacement.
- Promote safety awareness, and ensure compliance with safety policies, procedures, and regulatory standards.
- Uphold a clean facility environment, and ensure compliance with housekeeping policies, procedures, and standards.
- Support grain originators, and grain origination efforts.
- Support Grain Division goals and objectives, including the development and implementation of location long term and short term plans.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations.
The following reflects the qualifications of the ideal candidate.
- Bachelor degree in agriculture or business.
- 5+ years of related work experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, problem solving skills, and organizational skills.
- Strong commitment to safety.
- Ability to work at heights, work within confined spaces, climb stairs and ladders, and function in a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours, and be on call, as business conditions warrant.
Co-Alliance offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including, but not limited to the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Pension, Life insurance, Paid Time Off, Vacation and much more.