SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the operations and profitability of the location. The role includes customer relationship development, personnel growth, facility and equipment optimization, financial management and short and longer term planning for the location
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects managements definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Meet location goals
- Develop location personnel capabilities including assisting in hiring, coaching, training, performance management and assigning key tasks
- Support the Region manager in driving sales growth including assigning accounts to salespeople, calling on some accounts and working with Sales Specialists on others, monitoring customer satisfaction through ongoing dialogue and identifying potential prospects
- Supervise mixing, loading and dispatch
- Manage facility inventory including forecasting product needs, anticipating inventory needs and purchasing product through approved suppliers
- Manage facility finances including sales and expense budgeting and management, billing, accounts receivables and payables and managing prepays
- Manage facility assets including routine maintenance, facility and equipment replacement plans and driver equipment inspections
- Make Crop Protection and fertility recommends including DataOnTouch farm and field plans, mapping and recordkeeping
- Manage location recordkeeping including internal financial and customer production an financial records
- Manage location risk including compliance with regulations, safety and emergency response training and ongoing site inspections.
- Develop short and longer term plans for the location
- Bachelor or Associate degree in agricultural or business or five years or more of related work experience.
- Demonstrates essential abilities including personnel management, communications, customer focus and decision making
- Basic agronomy knowledge and skills (insect, weed and disease identification, fertility)
- Financial knowledge including reading and understanding financial statements
- Must have valid drivers license and be able to obtain and maintain all acceptable certifications, licenses and permits.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and on-call as business conditions warrant
- Have a 1A and Category 14 license