At Farm Credit Mid-America, we believe people are our strongest asset. We are consistently looking to hire individuals from a wide range of experience and capabilities who have a desire to serve. Currently, we have over 1,100 employees across Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee.
Would you like to join one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky?
The Loan Closer Food and Agribusiness is responsible for coordinating the closing of complex commercial loan originations, multi-bank syndications, purchase participations and sold participations. This role proactively manages an assigned portfolio to meet constantly changing priorities and deadlines within loan closing, booking, and funding.
ABOUT FOOD & AGRIBUSINESS
The Food and Agribusiness division is responsible for servicing the Association’s largest complex customers. This portfolio includes complex Commercial Ag originations direct to borrowers, including those where Farm Credit Mid-America may be the administrative agent, as well as interests in multi-bank syndications and participations, purchased and sold, and other debt instruments.
The Food and Agribusiness Operations Team supports the day to day operations of loans pertaining to niche industries that require unique handling and industry knowledge.
* Independently interpret internal credit summaries, inside and outside counsel documents and other loan documentation.
* Develop and maintain strong internal and external customer relationships by coaching others and providing service that is timely, thorough, and exceeds customer expectations.
* Coordinate between external and internal customers to meet loan closing requirements.
* Collect required pre and post-closing documents from internal and external stakeholders.
* Prepare closing and legal documents within Association guidelines. Coordinate and schedule closings.
* Enter data into origination systems and confims database accuracy after closing.
* Verify complex loan documentation, loan terms and financial elements are accurate, consistent and have appropriate credit approvals.
* Work directly with the Food & Agribusiness VPs, Credit Officers, borrowers, bank group partners, legal counsel, title companies, insurance agents, and vendors to confirm closing requirements are met and necessary due diligence is obtained.
* Proactively follow up with the VPs and Credit Officers to obtain all document exceptions and borrower compliance.
* Prepare lender allocation spreadsheets and distribute to lenders.
* Coordinate with the bank group, including maintaining lender contact information and lender allocations in the loan system.
* Participate in the ongoing design of processes to provide exceptional service, achieve satisfactory credit administration goals, and achieve targeted credit quality.
* Other duties may be assigned.
Minimum Requirements: Education and Experience
High School diploma and at least seven years of successful experience in two or more of the following areas: financially related customer service, loan processing, loan servicing, loan document review or loan closing. -OR- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or related field and at least one year of relevant experience.
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association’s policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than “at will” employment relationship.
Farm Credit Mid-America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other category protected by law.