Gain experience as a paid summer Livestock Events intern while promoting and preparing for Indiana’s largest multi-day event – the 2024 Indiana State Fair!
General Description: The position of the Livestock Events Intern reports to the Livestock Coordinator and is part of the team that works to coordinate all livestock shows and competitions during the 2024 Indiana State Fair. This intern have a chance to work on several projects including fair exhibitor, contractor communications, social media communications, State Fair preparations and coordinating livestock-specific programs. This will be a great opportunity for individuals interested in agriculture, livestock exhibition, event coordination and the Indiana State Fair!
- Assist with overall management of the Indiana State Fair Livestock Show. Communicate updates and information to exhibitors, department staff and department contractor in a timely, efficient and relevant manner.
- Develop and execute livestock communications.
- Assist with preparation of materials for shows (back tags, awards, etc.)
- Assist with the production of the Grand and Supreme Drives.
- Communicate with and provide logistical support to show judges.
- Assist with the setup of Show Barns.
- Provide customer service to exhibitors.
- General office tasks (copying, filing, mail, etc.)
tIt is preferred that candidates have experience with livestock shows or special events and are enrolled in an agriculture-related field of study. The ideal candidate should be flexible, creative, able to work extended hours when necessary, self-motivated, organized, and able to work independently and in a team. Candidates should have a working knowledge of Windows, Excel, PowerPoint and social media. Knowledge of livestock care is also a plus.
The Livestock Internship begins in June. Interns are required to stay through the duration of the State Fair, August 18, 2024. Interns work 30-40 hours per week with extended hours during the fair and one week prior to opening.