Gain experience as a paid summer Entry and Competition intern while promoting and
preparing for Indiana’s largest multi-day event – The 2024 Indiana State Fair!
General Description: The position of Livestock and Competitive Events Entry Intern
reports to the Exhibitor Entry Manager and is part of a team that works to coordinate
all livestock shows, competitions and 4-H exhibits during the 2024 Indiana State Fair.
This intern will have a chance to work on several projects including: exhibitor
communications, show entry and event planning for shows and contests, i.e., the
Grand Drive. This will be a great opportunity for individuals interested in agriculture,
show management and the Indiana State Fair.
1. Assist with overall management of the Indiana State Fair Competitive Events
and Livestock Shows
2. Work with department manager to communicate updates and information to
exhibitors in a timely, efficient and relevant manner
3. Provide reports and programs for shows and contests.
4. Processing and proofing of Fair entries
5. Inventory, verify and deliver awards for shows and contests
6. Enter and check judging results
7. Provide customer service to exhibitors
8. Coordinate and prepare mailings for exhibitors
9. Work with other individuals to manage the Entry Office during the fair
10. Assist with setup of the Show Offices and work with departmental staff to
provide excellent customer service
11. Perform basic level accounting
12. General office tasks (copying, filing, mail, etc.)
Qualifications: It is preferred that candidates have experience with livestock shows
or special events; 4-H and FFA experience does qualify. The ideal candidate should
be flexible, able to work extended hours when necessary, self-motivated and excels
at working in a team setting. Candidate should have a working knowledge of
Windows, Excel, PowerPoint and social media. Knowledge of livestock care is a plus.
Internships begin in June. Interns are required to stay through the duration of the
State Fair, August 19, 2024.