WHO WE ARE:
AgReliant Genetics is a leader in seed research, production, and quality focused on providing trusted seed solutions that help farmers grow.
Created July 1, 2000 as a joint venture between two of the world’s largest independent seed companies, KWS and Limagrain, AgReliant Genetics is now one of the fastest growing independent seed companies in the industry, ranked as the third largest corn seed company in the U.S., and operates one of the largest research programs in North America.
At AgReliant Genetics we have a unique multi-brand strategy that gives farmers across the U.S. and in Canada access to our products, regardless of geographical location or operation size. Through our seed brands – AgriGold®, LG Seeds® and PRIDE Seeds® – and our digital ag platform Advantage Acre®, AgReliant Genetics demonstrates commitment to our vision by developing meaningful relationships, delivering valuable seed solutions, and providing an excellent customer experience.
OUR CULTURE & OUR PEOPLE:
AgReliant Genetics is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. At every level, our people are an essential part in maintaining our values and furthering our growth. We pursue individuals who demonstrate commitment, excellence, integrity, safety and innovation in their work.
At AgReliant Genetics you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value our employees’ passion and believe in giving people the space to navigate challenges, invent solutions and excel in a rewarding career.
You can learn more about AgReliant Genetics and our brands at agreliantgenetics.com or by following @AgReliant on Facebook and Twitter.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value and openly welcome diversity at AgReliant. Diversity and inclusion is a key part of our strategy for long-term success.
Where do you start if you want to gain valuable training in sales and agronomy? You start right here with LG Seed. From the moment you join us as an intern, you will begin building your skillset and expanding your mindset. As part of our high-performing sales and agronomy teams, you’ll gain exposure to our business and our world-class seed clients while having the opportunity to assist the sales team in achieving growth and development of the LG seeds brand. What’s even cooler? You get to work on projects that will have a positive impact to the business.
Here at LG Seeds and AgReliant Genetics, you are empowered to learn our business that will set you up for success as you develop your career to become a successful seed professional. We are inviting forward thinking and courageous future leaders to embrace an entrepreneurial approach and start their journey of growth.
What to Expect?
In this 3-month developmental internship, you will be exposed to many aspects of our business including sales, marketing, and agronomy. You will hone important marketing and sales skills such as prospecting and qualifying new sales leads, generating brand awareness, utilizing sales CRM tools, and assisting in the delivery of in-season seed business. You will spend time with an Agronomist to learn about research and hybrid testing and you will assist with planting and studying research plots. Now that’s a lot of experiential learning! Throughout your internship, you’ll receive regular feedback, guidance and coaching from our mentors to help you develop the skills you need to succeed.
What YOU will do:
- You will gain hands-on experience in many areas. This will deepen your knowledge of how the entire organization operates!
- Agronomy: spend time with an LG Seeds Technical Team Agronomist (TTA) to learn about research testing, assist with planting research plots, complete vigor ratings and population counts, and collect soil samples
- Marketing/Sales: create increased brand awareness in your assigned district, assist in delivering in-season business, assist in prospecting and qualifying new customers, shadow LG Seeds Technical Team Agronomist and a Sales Account Manager, and become familiar with and utilize sales tools
- Engage in a variety of impactful projects from recruiting new customers, increasing brand awareness, working directly with customers, and so much more! This will test your project management skills!
- Develop new and creative solutions to meet company and territory goals. Innovation is what will make you stand out!
Who YOU are:
- Highly self-motivated: You are eager to learn, ask questions and collaborate with others to learn our business
- Strong time management skills: You have the ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, and learn and adapt to various business areas
- Integrity: You exuberate trust, honesty, and ethics
- Dependability: You are reliable, responsible, and can be counted on
- Excellent Communication Skills: You are an effective communicator both in writing and speaking. You thrive with collaborating in a team setting
- Strong Work Ethic: You work hard and have a “get things done” mentality
- Professional Attitude: You show up every day with the goal to better understand our customers’ needs driving our collective passion to #HelpFarmersGrow
- Fun: You fit our culture and are able to balance discipline and hard work with enthusiasm and energy
- Strong Leader: You take charge of situations and challenge others to step up their game
Qualifications AND Requirements:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Science in Agriculture or related field from an accredited school with a graduation date between December 2021 and May 2022
- Prior sales internships or work experience highly desired
- Must be willing to relocate
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs
- Ability to work outdoors 60% of the time
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Have a valid driver’s license and meet Motor Vehicle requirements
Think you have what it takes to join our team? Apply today!