Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience creates the world’s most recognized and premium agricultural solutions to address the greatest challenges in agriculture. With a focus on technology, Corteva Agriscience creates seed and crop protection products that increase productivity and profit for farmers while reducing risks to their business. Every day our digital tools deliver insights our global partners need to thrive now and into the future.
As the world’s first dedicated agriculture start-up, we’re building a culture that stays curious, thinks differently, acts boldly and takes a stand on what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. We know we’ve got big challenges to solve – we hope you’ll be part of the solution. Whether you are in the lab or on the farm, teaching classes or crafting code – we need bold thinkers and fearless doers to bring their best to the job at hand. Every role at Corteva Agriscience includes an opportunity to grow what matters.
Corteva Agriscience is searching for an experienced, reliable and task-oriented Legal Compliance Specialist. This position will report to the Associate General Counsel, Corporate Secretary, and will have responsibility for the management of the Company’s subsidiary management process. This individual will work directly with the Company’s attorneys, tax, finance and commercial professionals to independently manage their corporate governance requests. In addition, they will be also responsible for participating in the Company’s entity rationalization activities, legal department technology enhancement projects, and finance and transaction closing, as assigned. The ability to think proactively, manage confidential information, perform well under pressure and adapt to changing priorities is critical. Being technology savvy and managing collaboration tools are critical for this role, as well.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities – How will you help us grow?
- Administer the Company’s entity management system, hCue.
- Serve as legal support for the Company’s entity rationalization initiatives.
- Prepare subsidiary board and shareholder consents, resolutions and minutes.
- Prepare officer certificates, incumbency certificates, and powers of attorney.
- Assist in responding to internal clients with Know Your Customer requests.
- Perform other duties and assignments as assigned, including Legal team technology projects.
Requirements – What You’ll Bring to the Table
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Paralegal, preferably at a multi-national company.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certification is preferred.
- Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with administering entity or subsidiary management tools preferred, ideally hCue.
- Experience preparing subsidiary board and shareholder consents, resolutions and minutes.
- Experience preparing officer certificates, incumbency certificates, and powers of attorney.
- Experience responding internal clients with Know Your Customer requests.
- Detail oriented and able to produce high quality, accurate work and results.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with strong multi-tasking abilities and the ability to reprioritize as needed.
- Assist with monitoring subsidiary management compliance and demonstrate good judgement as to when to elevate issues.
- Experience assisting with the preparation of SEC filings and NYSE compliance, preferred but not required.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Willingness/flexibility to learn new areas of the law and perform other projects as assigned.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- A license to serve as, or willingness to get licensed as, a notary, preferred.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at just a few of the advantages to working at Corteva and how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more
Take the next step to #GrowWhatMatters in your career with Corteva and apply today. We look forward to seeing your application.