Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
The Leader position has the responsibility for the administration and direction of day to day operations in Nutritionals Area, Product on Demand (POD) and C67 EPA production. The leader will facilitate individual activities and the necessary steps to ensure team alignment with and completion of business objectives in order to produce quality animal products in a timely basis. The role will require strong technical aptitude to trouble shoot all equipment in Dept. The Leader will be a working leader and will be trained on all processes. The Leader will work closely with Companion Animal Leaders to support the broader business.
Note: We are offering a $1,000 Sign-On Bonus for this position
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Proven ability to supervise others, which includes providing positive and constructive coaching and feedback
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to get results through individuals and teamwork
- Knowledge of cGMP regulations and requirements
- Ability to use CAPA and Maximo
- Proven safety record, self-management skills, teamwork/interpersonal skills, and a focus on the customer.
- Strong Technical capability is critical as the Leader will support their team in all areas of the process.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Completion of Post Offer Exam (POE), Completion of Work Simulation (SIM) or Completion of Administrative Skills Testing if applicable.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
- Manages the Business – Helps to develop and communicate objectives, plans and measures for the department; holds self, team, and individuals accountable for meeting objectives (cost control, production requirements, safety, GMPs, environmental, etc.); ensures the appropriate resources are available to run day-to-day business throughout entire scope of leadership. The Leader will serve as a key member of the Process Team and will assist in delivering new business in the area.
- Provides Safe Work Environment – Ensures everyone wears their proper PPE; follows and ensures all safety policies and procedures are followed; performs management audits monthly; sets a good example on safety; proactively seeks out safety concerns in their area and follows up as appropriate. Trained to perform SWP,LOTO,CSE permitting
- Operates in Compliance with Regulations – Follows and enforces documentation practices involved with change control, drawings, BOMs, batch production records, environmental permits, etc.; ensures spills are promptly reported, root causes identified and countermeasures implemented; follows and enforces all quality and environmental policies and procedures.
Establishes a Productive Work Environment –
- Actively encourages team building within the shift, and across departments
- Supports and promotes company policies; issues
- Addresses people issues in a consistent manner
- Creates and maintains an atmosphere where viewpoints and feelings can be shared in a non-threatening manner
- Initiates, leads and completes improvement activities
- Supports management decisions with actions and words.
- Ensures performance management objectives are developed
- Administers interim and final reviews consistent with the performance management process
- Provides support through encouragement, coaching, feedback, reinforcement and recognition
- Recognizes and pursues development opportunities for people within his/her span of influence
- Communicates, monitors and provides feedback on job expectations of direct reports.
- This position requires a candidate to be willing to complete a leadership selection process or have previous leadership experience (Technical or Administrative).
- Two positions available: 12-hour rotating shift (E/F).
- This shift may be adjusted as business demands increase which could include nights.
- Some overtime required to cover for the other personnel operations absence and extended process requirements.
- Minimal travel may be required for training.
- The amount of Overtime (OT) varies by area (department) and individual role. It is neither consistent nor regular. It will fluctuate between 0% to more than 20% over the calendar year.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status