Position Title: Leader – Fermentation and Formulation
Position Type: FTE
Job Location: BiomEdit Laboratories in Greenfield, IN
Company Overview: BiomEdit is a microbiome company that discovers, designs, and develops novel probiotics, microbiome derived bioactives and engineered microbial medicines to address unmet needs in animal health. BiomEdit partners with Ginkgo Bioworks to amplify and accelerate product discovery and development with a goal of introducing breakthrough innovation for livestock producers and veterinarians.
Position Summary: BiomEdit is seeking a highly motivated Research Scientist to enable discovery and development of novel probiotics, bioactives and engineered live biotherapeutics as next generation solutions for animal health. The incumbent scientist will use his skills and knowledge in Microbial Fermentation, Formulation, Stabilization and Scale-up to advance microbial-based interventions from bench to clinical trials on a preset timeline. This position is laboratory-based and will require routine interaction with discovery, development, regulatory and marketing teams within BiomEdit.
- Develop, scale-up and optimize microbial fermentation, formulation, stabilization, and analytical processes for probiotics, postbiotics, enzymes, bioactives and engineered live biotherapeutics.The responsibilities may include planning, design and execution of hands-on laboratory work, data analysis and interpretation, protocol, and Final Study Report (FSR) preparation, and training and supervision of others
- Work with discovery and development teams to manage fermentation, formulation, stabilization, and analytical needs and generate clinical material for non-pivotal and pivotal studies
- Support transfer of developed processes to external contract manufacturing partners for production
- Perform instrument operations including setup, calibration, operation, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Serve as a subject matter expert in fermentation, formulation, and stabilization
- Prepare and present key findings to internal and external audiences
- Actively support a culture of high accountability through values, behaviors, and actions
- Play an active role in ensuring a safe, compliant, and productive working environment for all scientists and research associates
· Ph. D in Microbiology, Fermentation, Biomedical Engineering, or a closely related subject or a master’s degree with equivalent experience
· Experience working on R & D projects in the human or animal biopharmaceutical/ biotherapeutics/ nutritional/ vaccine industry
· MS, PhD and/or DVM
· Experience working in human or veterinary nutritionals, biotherapeutics, biopharmaceutical, and/ or vaccines R&D
· Demonstrable subject matter expertise in microbiology, microbial metabolism and physiology and microbial fermentation, scale-up, scale-down, formulation, stabilization, and spray drying
· Proven skills and hands-on experience in fermentation, formulation, stabilization, and analytical processes for aerobes, microaerophiles, and strict anaerobes and attenuated pathogenic strains.
· Working knowledge of US food/feed GMP, FSMA, USDA and FDA manufacturing requirements
· Proven project and team leadership skills and strong interpersonal skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· High personal ethical and quality standards
· Capability to manage multiple tasks and experiments simultaneously
· Must be self-motivated, scientifically curious, and collaborative
To apply, please visit : BiomEdit
Contact: Dharanesh Gangaiah
BiomEdit, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.