Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience is seeking to hire a Lead Production Engineer at our Pittsburg, California facility. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong technical competencies, solid leadership qualities and be self-motivated and willing to take initiative. The Lead Production Engineer provides influential leadership and technical resource to coach and assist the operations team to optimize and improve EH&S, throughput, product quality, reliability of supply and cost performance. Along with other key members of the operations group, the Lead Production Engineer takes responsibility for operating assigned processes in a safe and environmentally responsible manner in order to meet business objectives, acting as a senior technical resource.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Optimize plant operations and develop high performing operations team.
- Understands all applicable process technology, process safety, equipment and control technology, passing PSM Certifications.
- Uses continuous improvement and troubleshooting methodology where appropriate for resolution of day to day production challenges.
- Work with plant personnel to optimize operations and meet business goals (production, cost, quality and lead time / cycle time).
- Owns/participates in effective root cause investigations to prevent recurrence of unplanned events.
- Participates in implementation of the Plant Training process.
- Has a full understanding of Corteva’s Manufacturing/Operations, Quality and Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures with the ability to translate them to implementation in the plant. This includes applicable elements in Corteva Agriscience Managements System work processes and enabling tools.
- Maintain, own, and review daily KPIs/ trends to ensure optimum performance as aligned with the assets of responsibility.
- Conduct daily review of communication tools utilized in facilities for management of operations tasks (Examples: Task List, Logbook, Alarm history, etc.) to better understand the plant operation and stay engaged with daily activities.
- Respond urgently to plant issues and emergencies. Act as a unit technical expert during unplanned events and drive implementation of effective corrective and preventative actions.
- Supports the diagnoses and documentation for the root causes of asset utilization (AU) losses.
- Participates, when required, in advanced trouble shooting and coaches others to learn these skills. Ensures findings are documented in Plant Operating Discipline for future usage.
- Supports plant roles in procedure usage, creation, reviews, updates and approvals.
- Supports plant operations effective implementation and utilization of Most Effective Technology.
- Scopes and implements small projects in line with their area of responsibility.
- Performs other Roles as determined by Plant and business needs (scope definition of capital projects, Man Rep, Production Coordinator, etc.) according to their defined role description.
- Function as mentor for process operators that are in training; required participant for PSM reviews of new employees. Provides coaching – both technical and non-technical for other operations personnel – i.e. peers, process operators and technical advisors.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5 years or more of manufacturing experience is preferred.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!