Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience is the only major agriscience company in the world completely dedicated to agriculture. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generation to come. Our inspiration is to be a market shaper, driving the next generation of agriculture products that help farms and farmers flourish and through partnering with society becoming the most trusted partner in the global agriculture and food community.
Corteva Agriscience creates the world’s most recognized and premium agricultural solutions to address the greatest challenges in agriculture. With a focus on technology, Corteva Agriscience™ creates seed and crop protection products that increase productivity and profit for farmers while reducing risks to their business. Every day our digital tools deliver insights our global partners need to thrive now and into the future.
As the world’s first dedicated agriculture start-up, we’re building a culture that stays curious, thinks differently, acts boldly and takes a stand on what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. We know we’ve got big challenges to solve – we hope you’ll be part of the solution. Whether you are in the lab or on the farm, teaching classes or crafting code – we need bold thinkers and fearless doers to bring their best to the job at hand. Every role at Corteva Agriscience™ includes an opportunity to grow what matters.
Corteva Agriscience is looking for a Lead Developer to be part of the IT Digital Marketing and eCommerce Product Team with a focus on data engineering and data integration solutions. In this role he/she will be responsible for providing technical guidance, ETL development, and code reviews for teams building capabilities for our commercial marketing business. The successful candidate should have experience with ETL development using Azure Data Factory, Informatica, or similar tools. Familiarity with EDI implementation such as Elemica. Familiarity with Enterprise data platforms and other integration patterns is a plus.
Primary Responsibilities – How will you help us Grow:
- Collaborate with business partners, business process experts (BPE), solution architects, and product teams to develop data integration solutions.
- Identify and implement configuration needs to integrate with existing systems.
- Assist the BPE in translation of business requirements for our business or third-party partners.
- Perform unit and integration testing and work with QA and BPE to facilitate user acceptance testing to validate the functionality and performance of solutions.
- Create technical documentation for maintenance and ongoing understanding of our integration with external partners.
- Provide assistance in troubleshooting production issues escalated from our service teams.
- Provide input and guidance on future needs for EDI automation and other data integrations.
- Work with cross-functional global teams and externally contracted vendor resources to accomplish goals of the project.
- Ensure project implementation results in a reliable, high-quality technical solution.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of Software Engineering experience.
- 5 years working with large enterprise platforms and technologies for e-business solutions.
- 5 years’ experience with Elemica, SAP, and EDI message queuing or similar technologies
Requirements – What You’ll Bring to the Table
- Knowledge of enterprise systems and applications with hands-on experience in design and implementation.
- Knowledge of enterprise data platforms and integration patterns with hands-on experience in design and implementation.
- Experience implementing ETL data integration solutions for in-house or SaaS solutions using tools such as Azure Data Factory or Informatica.
- Understanding and implementation of APIs for SaaS solutions including Eloqua.
- Experience working with the modern cloud platform, Azure preferred.
- Understanding of relationships between business processes and SAP data, tables, and business documents.
- 100% dedication to the Agile board. Estimate time and effort accurately, provide insightful and helpful code reviews, and squash bugs quickly with quality in mind.
- Create code that is well structured, extensible, and tested; create solutions that are optimized for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Strong SQL skill, including optimization and performance tuning.
- Design algorithms, conduct, and implement performance optimizations.
- Regularly improve technical aspects of the product by identifying issues and problems in the architecture, performance, product, code, or process.
- Experience implementing EDI messaging standards such as EDIFACT, ChemXML, ANSI X12, and AgGateway standards.
- Knowledge of SAP setup for Order to Cash, message flow, IDOCs, and PO connectivity.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies.
- Ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet tight deadlines and customer needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with strong oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of commercial business processes including Digital Marketing, Marketing Automation, eCommerce, and related sales processes.
- Familiarity with agriculture and agri-business a plus.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at just a few of the advantages to working at Corteva and how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more.
Take the next step to #GrowWhatMatters in your career with Corteva and apply today. We look forward to seeing your application.
Corteva Agriscience ™ serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.