Information Technology Services is seeking a Lead Database Administrator to work with the Director of Application Systems Development and Database Administration (DBA) to create project plans for DBA staff to maintain Oracle databases and middle tier services and environments, Banner Student Information system, COGNOS reporting services and environments and Microsoft SQL Server databases and environments. Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate, monitor and assist developers and other DBAs in implementing projects and resolving problems.
- Coordinate with ITS Helpdesk and Banner Steering Committee to keep users informed of issues and updates that may interrupt any of the services that are under the control of the DBA’s.
- Work with Systems Administration group to determine server requirements for support of Oracle, COGNOS and Microsoft SQL Server environments.
- Work with Applications Development group to resolve programming and performance issues related to Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases, as well as serving as leader in collaborative efforts to modify/enhance, integrate new, and develop new applications.
- Maintain knowledge of Oracle, COGNOS, and Microsoft SQL Server products and explore other potential databases for use at PFW.
Find out why so many are taking advantage of a career at Purdue University Fort Wayne! Employees enjoy:
- Free tuition through Purdue University Global
- Fee remission for a traditional Purdue degree for yourself, spouse, and children
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Support for professional development opportunities
- Live and work in an affordable, family friendly community
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/technology.
- Five years of experience working directly in database administration, data warehouse, business intelligence and analytics.
- Knowledge of Oracle database and application server technologies, as well as high-level system/database integration approaches.
- Ellucian product knowledge of Banner Admin and SSB, Degree Works, 3rd Party Application integrations including Blackboard, SLATE, CampusLogic and Alma.
- Experience with MS Office 365 and SharePoint for office productivity and collaboration.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple, complex and varied assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to develop and maintain detailed documentation for technology systems and processes.
- Ability to create and maintain detailed testing plans and associated scripts.
- Ability to be highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience installing, administrating and upgrading Ellucian Banner Student Information System and Operational Datastore (ODS) is a plus.
- For highest consideration, please submit a resume cover letter, and contact information for three professional references
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period
Purdue University Fort Wayne seeks to develop and nurture its diversity. Purdue Fort Wayne is committed to maintaining an inclusive community that recognizes and values the inherent worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, sensitivity, understanding, and mutual respect. Purdue Fort Wayne is an EEO/AA employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.