The Andersons, Inc. – Logansport, Indiana
This site is adjacent to The Andersons’ grain elevator in Logansport, Indiana. Since opening in April 2007, The Andersons has managed the 135 million gallon ethanol plant, which requires 46 million bushels of corn to operate and also produces 390,000 tons of distiller dried grains annually. Ethanol, E-85 and corn oil are available.
We are seeking a Manager for our Laboratory operations at this facility. This position is responsible for managing the quality assurance/quality control and the fermentation process related to the production of Ethanol and associated co-products.
This position is responsible for managing the quality assurance/quality control, fermentation process related to the production of Ethanol and associated co-products.
- Lead efforts related to monitoring and analyzing facility statistical data, investigate issues, identify abnormalities, or trends; develop areas for improvement to optimize the fermentation process and maximize production.
- Acts as technical resource and liaison between departments. Identify, address, and resolve issues. Makes recommendations to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency.
- Optimizes and oversees the Lab to ensure efficiency and compliance. Identifies and develops areas of continuous improvement and makes recommendations for capital planning.
- Manage and implement laboratory training programs, ensure all activities associated with documentation, recordkeeping related to laboratory processes and operations are performed according to SOP and meet all associated regulatory requirements.
- Select, develop, train and evaluate performance of team members to ensure achievement of location, group, company goals and objectives.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages professional employees and/or supervisors or supervises large, complex technical or business support or production operations team(s)
- Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operations challenges
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from senior manager
- Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or related science required)
- 5-7 years relevant experience required
Additional Job Description
To perform the essential functions of this position, an individual should be able to demonstrate and provide the following:
- Experience in lab operations with a strong background in lab quality control and standard lab practices required.
- In-depth knowledge of fermentation and distillation as they relate to the ethanol production process is preferred.
- In-depth experience of QC analytical methods and instrumentation, including GC, HPLC, FTIR, UV-VIS, ICP-MS.
Work is performed in a 24×7 Ethanol production facility.Must be willing and able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.