Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first.
Corteva Agriscience is seeking a highly motivated Lab Automation Leader to develop and implement innovative technologies and projects in Crop Protection Discovery and Development R&D. Biological screening for new crop protection solutions is the focus of this highly collaborative role. The successful candidate will be an experienced scientist with demonstrated ability to drive process improvement through automation technologies within an R&D lab environment.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Develop strategies to automate processes and workflows across multiple biological disciplines and laboratories.
- Collaborate with scientists, engineers and external partners to evaluate and implement novel systems, instruments and technologies to realize our research goals.
- Independently enable and support modification of instrumentation (hardware and software) to maximize value from current technology.
- Improve processes and stay current with evolving technologies and methodologies involved across the scientific ‘design-build-test-learn’ cycle.
- Evaluate software packages and develop software macros and code to assist IT partners to enhance dataflow across research operations.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- PhD in Bioengineering, Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biology, Computer Science or related field with 2 years of applicable experience (postdoctoral or industrial) or BS or MS in Bioengineering, Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biology, Computer Science or related field with 6+ years of applicable experience, preferably automation systems in a relevant industry/context (biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, automation provider).
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated to troubleshoot automation equipment and solve complex problems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Competence with computer skills and experience with data informatics.
- Strong collaborator and reliable team member who can work closely with other scientists of diverse backgrounds.
- Well-organized with ability to manage and prioritize across multiple research projects.
- Programming experience using C# or VB.NET, Java, Python or other.
- Demonstrated examples of project coordination and leadership skills.
- Experience with scheduling, operation, training and troubleshooting of fully integrated robotic systems.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude relevant to general laboratory equipment and working knowledge of scientific principles.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
– Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
– Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
– Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
– And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives…? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start applying to this opportunity today.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated.