Provide support with animal handling, husbandry, assisting with procedures (using specialty equipment), and routine procedures to support grant activities for a NIH funded project. After-hours and on-call responsibilities may be required
***This position is 0.55 FTE with the option to grow to 1.0 FTE in January 2023***
- High school diploma/GED
- 4 years of experience equivalent combination of experience and education will be accepted including BS or BA in Animal Sciences, Biomedical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in a research group
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Willingness to receive training in and perform terminal animal experiments.
- Ability to work with computers and general lab equipment.
- Ability to organize and maintain the lab.
- Ability to follow basic lab safety precautions.
- Excellent organizational and record-keeping skills.
- All new hires will be expected to follow Protect Purdue guidelines. To learn more, visit https://bit.ly/3DH3z6f
- To learn more about Purdue’s benefits summary https://bit.ly/3zA1Qxb
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- This was formerly classified as an operational/technical position; an internal lateral transfer will retain same benefit standing
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Non-exempt Defined Contribution Plan
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply