Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
Position Overview: We are committed to providing our customers with exactly what they need at Elanco. As such, this leadership position will have significant responsibilities to lead, shape, and define the current and future agenda for IT enabling technologies to drive business growth with a focus on the sales domain areas. This role would be engaged in working with the key executive and geography leadership to define and drive sales outcomes and strategies. It would include driving a strong alignment with stakeholders, influencing the agenda for IT to deliver against business strategic imperatives, managing the ‘discovery’ of opportunities in the portfolio backlog, and driving tangible outcomes.
Location: Greenfield, IN
- Translate commercial sales business needs and drivers into value driven portfolio and enterprise technology strategy ; establish team goals, objectives and success measures.
- Collaborate with executive sales leadership and business partners to define, develop and prioritize execution of IT strategy
- Provides direction on what emerging technologies should be introduced. Propose on how to integrated and assimilated within the enterprise to ensure IT capabilities respond to the needs of the business strategy.
- ‘Own’ the commercial sales product group; drive the development of the commercial technology roadmap, standards, governance processes and performance metrics to ensure IT delivers value.
- Propose, align, and oversee large capital investment projects for enterprise-wide IT initiatives to maximize the return on investment
- Develop annual expense and capital budget that is aligned with business partners for Investment into the IT portfolio;
- Lead the IT team and its business partners in effective execution of IT strategy and road map.
- Identify, resource, and develop critical capabilities
- Recruit, develop, engage, and retain a diverse and high-performing team
- Ensure alignment with internal IT deliver groups toward the delivery of business outcomes.
- Communicate and provide an on-going scorecard of IT performance against business objectives.
- Build strong and transparent relationships with key departments and their leaders across business domain areas, instilling a detailed understanding of their issues, challenges and opportunities across the I.T. team. Lead change, collaborate, build partnerships and achieve tangible results by engaging and aligning with a wide range of stakeholders
- Maintain oversight of all IT projects, ensuring that commitments are properly planned, staffed, monitored and reported across the IT domains to our business partners. Be the face of IT.
- Establish appropriate service levels and the processes to ensure that KPIs are met.
- Build a knowledgeable, effective and trusted technology organization combining strong technical competency with effective consulting and customer service skills.
Focusing on Clients & Consumers
- Identify and shapes strategic initiatives to improve the service to customers and stakeholders
- Lead development of new internal services which are strategically important to the business
- Use an understanding of sources of competitive advantage to target or support sales activity
- Monitor the marketplace to identify opportunities for new business
Building Strong Relationships
- Build strategic networks which add value to the business
- Develop influencing strategies which take account of the organization’s culture and dynamics
- Use personal credibility and common ground to influence effectively
- Demonstrate personal gravitas in dealings with senior stakeholders
Seeing the Bigger Picture
- Demonstrate a broad and detailed understanding of external activity in commercial
- Identify medium and long term trends in external thinking which will shape strategy
- Lead the team to think broadly and flexibly about the strategic opportunities and challenges facing the business
- Show the confidence and courage to challenge and influence wider business strategy
- Demonstrate passion and resolve to achieve business objectives
- Develop performance frameworks for the business (e.g. KPIs, Scorecards)
- Lead the use of data and analytics to evaluate commercial opportunities and risks
- Lead thinking on innovative new commercial models which help the business to stay ahead of the competition
Experience & Qualifications
- 15 years of technology experience, 10 years’ experience in progressively responsible leadership IT roles, 5 years of experience in a senior leader role.
- Bachelor’s degree in related technical/business area required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a team of professionals to meet the strategic business needs.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status