IT Quality, Productivity and Effectiveness, Director
Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience is the only major agriscience company in the world completely dedicated to agriculture. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generation to come. Our inspiration is to be a market shaper, driving the next generation of agriculture products that help farms and farmers flourish and through partnering with society becoming the most trusted partner in the global agriculture and food community.
With a global footprint and over 22,000 employees, Corteva is building the future of agriculture and leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
The Quality, Productivity and Effectiveness (QPE) Director here at Corteva Agriscience, proactively and holistically helps guide the organization through quality, productivity, portfolio, and vendor performance management initiatives.
QPE Director will manage a team of program, lean, and quality experts as a direct report of the CIO and in close and constant partnership with the IT Leadership Team. Focus will be on driving continuous and breakthrough improvement in IT efficiency and effectiveness in support of achieving best-in-class IT products and services.
QPE Director will leverage Lean, Six Sigma PMP, ITIL, and Agile, frameworks and methodologies to develop process improvements, drive increased IT and Business productivity, and enhance and sustain operational excellence throughout IT offerings. Programs will be in disparate geographic locations and require strong communication skills to coordinate teams across the portfolio of initiatives.
QPE portfolio team members will leverage standards and best practices to develop a demand-through-release program lifecycle framework for IT. They will act as coaches to ensure program governance is consistent throughout the portfolio and work in close partnership with project leads across IT. Partnering with IT Business Relationship Managers, this team will identify and curate demand, resource planning, and track and monitor portfolio progress against defined targets and KPIs. Emphasis will be given to a lean and streamlined portfolio management framework to balance project visibility, metrics and maximize business value.
QPE Director will drive program and project management for initiatives developing strategic plans, assembling cross-functional resourcing, engaging with external vendors as necessary, building complex project plans, and executing with low cost, efficiency, and high adoption and success.
Scope of Activities
The QPE Director will develop, lead, and prioritize the following IT strategic enablers:
- Develop and Manage Quality and Productivity Practice.
- Leads the development of organizational quality initiative program for Corteva IT; using project mentoring, quality tool training and governance.
- Promotes the business value of quality program as an enabler of productivity, which drives the organization’s top and bottom lines.
- Leads the creation and maturing of the quality practice into an internal management consultancy.
- Leads defects investigations through root cause analysis.
- Plans and manages a talent pool of experts to collaborate and drive quality methodologies across the IT pillars which deliver the goals and outcomes of the organization.
- Act as Master Black Belt mentor for team and organization.
- Measure, monitor, and maintain the team’s ability to meet or exceed quality KPI’s.
Creation of Portfolio and Program Management Framework
- Develop and manage IT portfolio/projects from beginning to end, including project scope, timeline, vendor management, resource allocation, and project execution through a Lean portfolio governance process.
- Manage demand lifecycle by partnering with the business to identify strategic initiatives, aligned with the business objectives.
- Act as an escalation point for the portfolio and project stakeholders to manage risks, develop mitigation plans, and a path to green throughout the project.
- Proactively manage change control and communicate impact in project scope, identify risks/issues, and devising contingency plans.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths while maintaining accurate project plans with real-time milestones, tasks, and project health data for your portfolio.
- Provide frequent monitoring and enforcement of schedules and vendor quality.
- Update or develop documentation on processes that are critical to successfully implementing your projects.
- Ensures accurate and timely portfolio visibility to all project stakeholders.
- Champion a culture of accountability and consistent application of project & program management practices.
Build and Maintain Vendor Relationships
- Develop and implement vendor management, performance, and governance practices to ensure cost control, drive service excellence and mitigate risks.
- Review and monitor contract KPIs to ensure service quality and reduce business risk.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities to increase service satisfaction and reduce IT operating costs.
- Partner with Procurement to ensure vendor contracts and performance meet business and IT requirements.
Orchestrate Strategic IT Initiatives
- Partner with the CIO to develop organizational KPIs to measure and improve organization performance.
- Develop and drive key productivity goals with clear and direct business outcomes and value.
- Ensure QPE is providing the services, skills and competencies need to support the IT strategy.
- Create continuous improvement culture throughout the organization.
- Lead the organization to excellence through transformation initiatives.
Qualifications and Experience – What you’ll bring to the table!
Education, Credentials and Experience
- MBA from an accredited university or 5+ years of professional experience is preferred.
- PMP certification (past or present) is a preference.
- Master Black Belt/Green Belt certification would be preferred to have for this role.
- Certification programs in Lean Six Sigma, Agile, ITIL, Quality Improvement associate, quality auditor, and quality engineer.
- 10+ years of experience managing large global IT projects from initiation to closure.
- 5+ years of experience developing a team of technical professionals across multiple locations.
- Experience with core IT service concepts and strategy.
- Experience managing conflict, escalations, negotiating compromise and influencing others and problem solving.
- Demonstrated experience influencing senior management, setting expectations, and maintaining accountability for major initiatives.
- Demonstrated translation of program management and quality methodologies into frameworks and work practices.
- Familiarity with information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT services management, agile and lean methodologies, and ITIL frameworks.
- Exceptional soft and interpersonal skills, including teamwork, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate new ideas and concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to successfully manage cross-functional projects involving multiple stakeholders and varying levels of management.
- Experience as a leader and mentor for project teams in a matrixed environment.
Take the next step to #GrowWhatMatters in your career with Corteva and apply today. We look forward to seeing your application.